1. kurlyy1 New Member

Hola! I was wondering what the phrase Ay Bendito! meant...I think I understand, but am not sure. Someone was being informed they could not do something and replied "Ay Bendito".
  2. pecosita Senior Member

Español de México
    Oh Gosh!! ...
  3. kurlyy1 New Member

4. patin Senior Member

Costa Rica español
    It is just an expresion, bendito means blessed, is like saying "Oh my Gosh"
  5. Boricristo Junior Member

Florida/Puerto Rico
    Puerto Rican Spanish/American English
    In that context maybe so, otherwise Ay Bendito can mean a plethora of things. It is used commonly amongst Puerto Ricans and I seldom hear it used amongst other latinos. The phrase is used in pretty much every situation to denote sympathy or frustration, or simply a lack of words. To little kids when they trip and fall we say Ay bendito, or Ay (Dito). Or simply when they look to cute we say it. To people acting wimpy or puerile one could use Ay Bendito. When out of frustration one does not wish to curse, one could say Ay bendito, or when someone is expressing their feelings and/or emotions one could say Ay Bendito in reply. Or when upset with oneself when one does something wrong or out of place one could say Ay Bendito. Or simply when you hear of some not so pleasing or sad news one could say Ay Bendito.

Im sure you get the picture that this word is widely used for pretty much anything and every situation. I use it Everyday!