1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)
  1. smcamero Junior Member

Neuilly-sur-Seine, France
    English - United States
    Bonjour tout le monde,

I was reading a couple of other threads, and I thought I'd come to the conclusion that Baise-moi! is a pretty efficient and appropriate way to say "Fuck me!" to a sexual partner. But then I stumbled upon a post in Yahoo Answers. A guy was asking how to say to his partner "Let's have sex," and he proposed Baisons, to which a bretonne replied "...it is vulgarity in the extreme, gutter slang [...] Even my husband would never consider using such an expression." Needless to say, I am now confused. Obviously I want to say "Fuck me" and not "Let's fuck", but the two still share the same idea. So if Baisons is suuuuuch a horrible thing to say, then Baise-moi must be as well, right?

Merci d'avance :)

2. annesophiemg

annesophiemg Junior Member

Toronto, Canada
    French (France)
    The verb "baiser" is pretty vulgar, in both of these forms.

3. smcamero Junior Member

English - United States
    Thanks for your response.

But isn't it okay if I'm about to have sex with someone? We wouldn't still be vouvoyer-ing each other at that point, hehe.

4. djweaverbeaver Senior Member

English Atlanta, GA USA
    Well, hypothetically, I think you'd say Baise-moi. Baisons sounds a little weird/ridiculous, especially since the nous form of the imperative isn't used very much in spoken French, especially when speaking informally.

5. annesophiemg

annesophiemg Junior Member

Toronto, Canada
    French (France)
    I'm not judging ;-)
    but just letting you know that it has the same connotation as "let's fuck" or "fuck me"
    Another expression you can use is "coucher ensemble" / "couchons ensemble"
    It's less "poetic" then "faire l'amour / make love" and less vulgar then "baiser / fuck"

6. pointvirgule

pointvirgule Senior Member

Mtl, QC
    Français
    Baise m'encor, rebaise-moi et baise ;
    Donne m'en un de tes plus savoureux,
    Donne m'en un de tes plus amoureux :
    Je t'en rendrai quatre plus chauds que braise.
    (Louise Labé, 1556)

(Just confusing the issue here. :D)

7. smcamero Junior Member

English - United States
    Dj, I completely agree with you about how ridiculous that sounds, haha.
    But that's the thing, Anne. I don't find it vulgar. For instance, I know I could say Prends-moi, but it's just not the same. Like in English, "take me" just doesn't have the same urgency as "fuck me" does. It's not that I want to sound especially vulgar (not that it would matter anyway because we aren't strangers), I just want to be more severe. That said, does it sound more okay to use Baise-moi?

8. smcamero Junior Member

English - United States
    Haha, thank you, pointvirgule!

9. DearPrudence

DearPrudence Dépêche Mod

IdF
    French (lower Normandy)
    Well, I suppose if you would say "fuck me" in English without batting an eyelid, then you would probably say "baise-moi" in French as well. Personally I find it vulgar and wouldn't say it to my boyfriend but then I'm a bit frigid I suppose :D
    (as for "baisons", as mentioned, it sounds really weird)

10. LeQi Senior Member

Taiwan
    French (France)
    Hmm... Not sure that I agree with you there. According to my experience, it seems to me that in general, Americans use 'fuck' more readily. In French, "baise-moi" doesn't shock me but I'd probably think 'oh this is one of those people who likes to use coarse language during sex' and so on. I think there's a difference in level, and it implies more things in French.
    Well, just my impression, maybe...

But funny :D
    As for "let's have sex", I wouldn't know how to say it because I simply wouldn't say it at all... Why would anyone need to say it ? Let my actions speak for themselves !

11. smcamero Junior Member

English - United States
    What would you consider to be a little less coarse than that, then?

12. LeQi Senior Member

Taiwan
    French (France)
    I don't know, I guess I would just say something else, not a direct translation. "Je te veux" for example.
    This is just my take on it from a language/culture point of view, anyway; as a foreigner, saying things that are a little out of the ordinary in a love context is part of the game.

13. snarkhunter

snarkhunter Senior Member

France, Région parisienne
    French - France
    Maybe you could consider something more literary. Rabelais once wrote:

"... et faisoient eulx deux souvent ensemble la beste à deux douz, joieussement se frotans leur lar"

... In nowadays' French:

"Et si on jouait à la bête à deux dos ?!"

There's nothing vulgar here: It's only classical literature!
    :D

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  14. Seeda Senior Member

Metz
    法语 / French (FR)
    Féconde-moi. Procédons à l'accouplement.

15. DearPrudence

DearPrudence Dépêche Mod

IdF
    French (lower Normandy)
    Agreed.
    "J'ai envie de toi." or "stronger "Prends-moi."
    Bon, ce n'est pas non plus la peine de proposer n'importe quoi pour faire le malin ! :thumbsdown: :rolleyes: :mad: :thumbsdown:

16. Lacuzon

Lacuzon Senior Member

France
    French - France
    I agree with DearPrudence,

Also possible : Envoyons-nous en l'air, grimpons au septième ciel,, faisons un câlin, fusionnons, jouons au docteur instead of faisons l'amour
    And emmène-moi au septième ciel, fais-moi grimper au rideau instead of fais-moi l'amour

17. snarkhunter

snarkhunter Senior Member

France, Région parisienne
    French - France
    Moi, vous me connaissez : la Culture, c'est ma grande passion... :)D)

Donc autre référence culturelle (... cinématographique, cette fois) :

(faire) une partie de "ça va, ça vient"

(in "Orange mécanique" ; je ne sais pas si l'expression est présente dans la traduction du roman de Burgess)

18. Quaeitur

Quaeitur Mod'elle

Lille, France
    French
    I aggree with DearPrudence as well. Baise-moi is a good translation for fuck me. It's in the same registry and has the same level of coarseness. And like with many of these very short expressions, the way it is said, the context, etc. changes the way it is perceived ;)

19. LeQi Senior Member

Taiwan
    French (France)
    Yes well, French is a wonderful language and between all of us we could probably come up with enough expressions to write a whole book, or a series of books.
    But the original statement is after all "fuck me". Simple and to the point ! I'm not sure "envoyons-nous en l'air" and such fit the bill... Let's not stray from the task at hand :D

20. pointvirgule

pointvirgule Senior Member

Mtl, QC
    Français
    Moi, c'est se frottant leur lard qui me fait :D.
    Allez mon chouchou, frotte-moi le lard !

Sérieusement, je dis également comme cette chère Prudence au n° 9. Si fuck me vous paraît romantique, alors baise-moi le sera tout autant. :rolleyes:

Qu'en termes élégants ces choses-là sont dites...

21. Pedro y La Torre

Pedro y La Torre Senior Member

Paris, France
    English (Ireland)
    :D

22. smcamero Junior Member

English - United States
    I can't quite figure out what you're saying here. "It's neither sad to propose anything to do/make the clever" ? Hahaha, I have failed.

23. DearPrudence

DearPrudence Dépêche Mod

IdF
    French (lower Normandy)
    Basically = No need to suggest something stupid just to show off!

24. Flynnzane Senior Member

france
    french, english
    je veux que tu me baises

on baise

tout simplement

25. smcamero Junior Member

English - United States
    Ah, I see. Well, thank you everyone! What I wanted to hear all along is that Baise-moi is okay, haha. And I have! So thanks!

26. dferrec Junior Member

french