Banque Carrefour des Enterprises

Discussion in 'French-English Vocabulary / Vocabulaire Français-Anglais' started by birder, Apr 20, 2008.

1. birder

birder Senior Member

In a Belgian business contract, a company has a "numero d'inscription" rather than a plain account number.

Therefore I ask if this is a real bank, or some sort of official business registry.

"Bank of the Business Crossroads" sounds quite bizarre in English.

2. Benoît abroad

Benoît abroad Senior Member

East of Belgium
    Français, France
    In Belgium, each company has to register first so as to officially exist.

The administration gives then a "numéro d'inscription" which proves that all the administration registration steps are already done.

By the way the VAT number is now the same (10 numbers starting with "0").

This "numéro d'inscription" has nothing to do with a bank account (12 numbers).

I hope it helps.

3. birder

birder Senior Member

Thank you for this information. But how do I translate this "Banque Carrefour des Entreprises"?

Business Registry?

Is it a real bank, or a government agency?

I see that the tax and inscription number are identical except tha the tax number has stops in it.

4. Benoît abroad

Benoît abroad Senior Member

East of Belgium
    Français, France
    It's a government agency where you can create your own company in a single place.

A few years ago, you had to go to different administrations (commercial tribunal, VAT...) in order to be registred. It was so complicated that the Belgian government has decided to create "the banque carrefour des entreprises".

I don't understand what you mean about "stops in it". Both the numbers are exactly the same (I don't know why they use two numbers if they are the same!), officially without stop, space dash and so on but many people use them.

5. archijacq Senior Member

Albi
    french France
    Plusieurs traductions trouvées - toutes ayant en commun le terme "databank"

Central Enterprise Databank (Banque-Carrefour des Entreprises, BCE),
    "business databank". (“banque carrefour des entreprises”)
    Data Bank for Enterprises (BCE).

6. birder

birder Senior Member

Merci beaucoup, c'est bien explique.