BCS - Pitaću sad...

Discussion in 'Other Slavic Languages' started by qwqwqw, Apr 25, 2013.

1. qwqwqw Senior Member

Bayern, D
    Bulgarisch
    "Pitaću sad i na francuskom potforumu, nadam se da će neko imati ideju."

Još jedno pitanje, molim. Why is the future tense like this here, one word instead of two? What does sad mean?

Hvala.

2. Duya Senior Member

Not in WR world
    Whatever
    It's an orthographic convention in Serbian and Bosnian -- pitat+ću is spelled as pitaću. In Croatian, it is spelled as pitat ću. Since će is clitic, pronunciation is pretty much identical.

3. qwqwqw Senior Member

Bayern, D
    Bulgarisch
    Can you tell me about sad as well since it seems to be connected to the future tense in some way?

Wait, it's probably short for sada, right? She is saying "I will ask right now...".

Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  4. Duya Senior Member

Not in WR world
    Whatever
    Yes, sad and sada are completely equivalent forms. There's no particular rule when to use one or the other.

In addition, sad ću is a common expression meaning "I'm gonna do it right now", and often shortened to saću in colloquial speech. See the entry on Vukajlija (humorous slang dictionary). :p

5. qwqwqw Senior Member

Bayern, D
    Bulgarisch
    This dictionary will come in really handy, many thanks.

6. Duya Senior Member

Not in WR world
    Whatever
    It's more a collection of jokes, cultural stereotypes and slang than a dictionary, and can be quite dense reading for an outsider. So please do not ask us too many questions related with it. :)

7. qwqwqw Senior Member

Bayern, D
    Bulgarisch
    That is fine. So long as it shows the language as actually spoken on the ground it will be very useful to me. Unlike you guys I am on this forum for very practical reasons and your help is much appreciated.

8. DenisBiH

DenisBiH Senior Member

Standard Bosnian also has pitat ću as the only option. The fact that some, including me but also others, have a problem with that rule is a different matter.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  9. qwqwqw Senior Member

Bayern, D
    Bulgarisch
    They barely use this forums capabilities so I thought I might as well. There are a number of participants here with good knowledge to offer but only a couple of questions per day as you can see. You are always free not to post a reply if you feel that way. No problem. One can get carried away sometimes.

10. Duya Senior Member

Not in WR world
    Whatever
    No scolding was intended on my part; not sure why you interpreted it that way. At most, it was a light-hearted remark that you don't use that site as a source for questions; a good part of it are too dense jokes even for us native speaker. Thus the smiley.

On the contrary, I enjoy your questions, and this is what this forum is for. :)

11. qwqwqw Senior Member

Bayern, D
    Bulgarisch
    This is good to know, thank you.