Discussion in 'Magyar (Hungarian)' started by NagyKiss, Apr 23, 2013.

1. NagyKiss Senior Member

What is the difference between those words, and what are their infinitives?

You can't trust google translator and none of those words are in my dictionary.

2. Zsanna

Zsanna ModErrata

Hungarian - Hungary
    Hello NagyKiss,

Because of the one question per thread rule (please, open another thread for the other verbs), I can only help you with one verb here:

belesett <- belesni (vmin (át), valahova) = to spy into, peep into
    It is a pre-verb (be = in/into) + verb (lesni= to peep/spy) construction, this is why the way of expressing space after it can vary.
    (No overall rule, see individual cases.)

Belesett a kulcslyukon, hogy lássa, ki hangoskodik a szobában. - He peeped through the keyhole to see who is making such a noise in the room.
  3. Zsanna

Zsanna ModErrata

Hungarian - Hungary
    P.S. I gave the infinitive form above but if you want to look it up in a dictionary, the 3rd person Singular form is necessary for verbs. In this case: beles vhova (short of valahova, which may or may not be necessary to find the verb - depending on the dictionary).

You can consult our Resources page (here), there are plenty of online dictionaries mentioned there. (After having tried them myself, the only place I could find a result was here which is not even an online dictionary but a translating site.)