1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)
  1. Translate2spanish Senior Member

Spanish, Colombia
    Hello everybody!
    I am trying to translate this sentence. I am having a little trouble. Bienestar is the name of an organization. I am having a little trouble with Bienestar being in the sentece as well as "well being". Would it be ok if I use a synonym of bienestar to translate the word well being so that I don't use the same word twice in this senctece?
    This is the sentence:
    Bienestar is committed to enhancing the health and well being of the Latino community and other underserved communities.

Thanks so much,
    AM

2. LaReinita

LaReinita Senior Member

East Coast, USA
    USA (Northeast Coast)-Inglés
    Podrías usar "salud y el beneficio de todos . . "

O quizás: "salud y intereses de todos en la comunidad latina . . . "

3. Brave1 Junior Member

Spanish, United States
    If the name of the organization is Bienestar you can not substitute that with any other word as it is the name of the company. I don't think there is anything wrong with the way the sentence is written.

4. aguila_fria Junior Member

North Carolina, USA
    USA-NC; English
    I think it would be ok, as long as the word conveys the same meaning as well-being. I guess it depends on how literal you want your translation to be. I think "comodidad" works well in place of "bienestar," but it is not exactly the same...

5. LaReinita

LaReinita Senior Member

East Coast, USA
    I said the same, but I believe she wants to translate it to Spanish, without using Bienestar twice, so she wants to see if she can refrase or use a synonym for the second well being.

6. Translate2spanish Senior Member

Spanish, Colombia
    Yes, La reinita this is what I mean. In other words, this is my translation of the sentence

Bienestar is committed to enhancing the health and well being of the Latino community and other underserved communities.

Bienestar esta comprometido a mejorar la salud y el bienestar de la comunidad latina y de las comunidades sin servicios sanitarios.

Yes, I would like to know if I could use a synonym for the second well being without using it twice.

Thanks,
    AM

7. LaReinita

LaReinita Senior Member

East Coast, USA
    Podrías usar "salud y el beneficio de todos . . "

O quizás: "salud y intereses de todos en la comunidad latina . . . "

Neither of these would work for you?

8. Translate2spanish Senior Member

Spanish, Colombia
    Yes, Thanks !

AM

9. LaReinita

LaReinita Senior Member

East Coast, USA
    O quizás: "salud y mejores intereses de todos en la comunidad latina . . . "

It probably would even be better to add mejor . . Sorry, that one always confuses me as to whether it goes before or after the noun.

10. ashley_riot Junior Member

spain and spanish
    sinónimos de bienestar:
    bienandanza, bienaventuranza, bonanza, prosperidad, confort.

11. Milton Sand

Milton Sand Modómano, 'mano

Bucaramanga, Colombia
    Español (Colombia)
    It sounds nice to me. There is no meaning redundance in using Bienestar and bienestar in the same sentence in this case.

Even it is useful for publicity purposes since the sentence is emphasizing and demonstrating that the organization's name is really justified.

Also it is now more evident that this name has been chosen thinking of the latino community.

Additionally, it is not your fault that de organization holds that name.

Beleave me, as an advertiser, I know what I'm talking about.

12. Milton Sand

Bucaramanga, Colombia
    Español (Colombia)
    If you still want to use another expression, I suggest "salud y calidad de vida"

13. Translate2spanish Senior Member

Spanish, Colombia
    Mil Gracias compatriota!!!

AM

14. Milton Sand

Bucaramanga, Colombia
    Español (Colombia)
    ¡Oh, gloria inmarcesible!

15. Translate2spanish Senior Member

Spanish, Colombia
    oh, jubilo inmortal!