1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

Billing/invoicing address

Discussion in 'French-English Vocabulary / Vocabulaire Français-Anglais' started by Laurier-tin, May 31, 2007.

1. Laurier-tin Junior Member

Haute-Savoie
    France, French
    Hello,

This is my first post on this incredibly interesting forum so I'm quite impressed !

My question:
    Are the 2 phrases Billing address and Invoicing addressequivalent in English? I can only think of Adresse de facturation in French.

The context is: an Internet form for on-line purchase where the two phrases appear.

Thanks in advance

2. Suehil

Suehil Medemod

Tillou, France
    British English
    Yes, they are the same. Usually you are asked for a 'delivery address' and an 'invoicing/billing address'. I may be wrong, but I think the Americans are more likely to use 'billing'.

3. Laurier-tin Junior Member

Haute-Savoie
    France, French
    Thank you Suehil !

4. Clemica Senior Member

Zagreb, Croatia
    France, French
    I have found out that sometimes billing address and invoicing address mean two different things. For example when a company has several subsidiaries there could be one billing address (the main accountancy department for example, that will pay the bills) but several invoicing addresses (one for each subsidiary, where the invoice will be sent but not paid). En français, cela pourrait être respectivement traduit par adresse de facturation et adresse à laquelle envoyer la facture.