Bold for unviewed threads

Discussion in 'Comments and Suggestions' started by scotu, Apr 19, 2013.

1. scotu Senior Member

Paradise: LaX.Nay.Mex.
    Chicago English
    The feature which changes thread title from bold to regular does not seem to be working any more (Spanish forum) also the icon which directs you speedily to the last thread viewed is not functional?

2. Egmont Senior Member

Massachusetts, U.S.
    English - U.S.
    They work for me. Are you sure you're logged in?

3. scotu Senior Member

Chicago English
    Yes, I'm logged in.

4. jann

jann co-mod'

English - USA
    I can't explain it, but for as long as I have been a member of this site, the feature that keeps track of viewed/unviewed has been buggy. Most of the time it works just fine... but once or twice a month, I find that when I sign in, the threads with new activity in my "subscriptions" (or "my threads") list are already debolded... even though I haven't read them yet. Usually the "view first unread post" arrow at the top of an individual thread is still functional, however.

If you're having the opposite problem with a single thread -- you've read it, and yet the title stays bold -- this is usually because the moderators bumped that thread back up to the top of the forum recently. Once you log out and log back in again, it should be back to normal.

5. scotu Senior Member

Chicago English
    Thank you. Logging out and then logging in seems to have resolved the problem.

scotu