Budowniczy do nadzoru .. prac oraz kontaków ze Zleceniodawcą

Discussion in 'Polski (Polish)' started by Baltic Sea, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Baltic Sea Senior Member

Polish
    Witam wszystkich serdecznie!

Budowniczy do nadzoru całości prac oraz kontaków ze Zleceniodawcą - 1 osoba.

Powyższy fraz trudno nazwać zdaniem, ale chciałbym was poprosić o ocenę mojej próby przetłumaczenia.

Building supervisor responsible for supervision of all work and getting in touch with the Orderer - 1 person.

Building supervisor responsible to supervise all work and (to) get in touch with the Orderer - 1 person.

Building supervisor responsible for supervising all work and getting in touch with the Orderer - 1 person.

Building supervisor in charge of all work and responsible for getting in touch with the Orderer - 1 person.

Building supervisor can be replaced by foreman, I think

Źródło: Prośba koleżanki o przetłumaczenie tej frazy.

Dziękuję.

2. LeTasmanien

LeTasmanien Senior Member

Gmina Karczew, Poland
    English British
    Hi Baltic,
    I asked Grazyna about your question, (she was a building engineer in Warsaw for many years), and here's what we suggest:

If you are referring to a position (job) that would be ongoing then
    "Building supervisor responsible for the supervision of all works and liaising with clients - 1 person."

However, if the 1 person will be required to supervise only one specific project then I would amend slightly as follows
    "Building supervisor responsible for the supervision of all work and liaising with the client - 1 person."

"orderer" is not used in English as far as I know.
    The verb "to liaise" is used frequently in position descriptions though less commonly outside of the workplace.
    For the related noun (liaision) Merriam-Webster gives "...communication for establishing and maintaining mutual understanding and cooperation" which I think conveys the meaning well.

"getting in touch" is more informal e.g. commonly used in conversation between friends.

Can building supervisor replace foreman? We think not.
    A foreman on a building site will tend to have responsibility for the supervision of the work of a group of tradesmen and labourers.
    The foreman would not generally be expected to liaise with the clients.
    Someone like a building supervisor or architect would do this.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  3. LilianaB Senior Member

US New York
    Lithuanian
    I would call this position: "General construction supervisor to oversee the whole work (the entire project) and liaise with the client". I agree with LeTasmanian -- foreman is not the same as supervisor. Get in touch would not be appropriate in this context, either. In the US, at least, the main, or general supervisor is usually not the architect who designed the building.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  4. Baltic Sea Senior Member

Polish
    Thank you LeTasmanien and LilianaB for your useful comments and help.