1. p0ussin Junior Member

French (FR)/(US)
    Hello,

how would you translate
    "These value for money bunded pallets for sump floor units & trays are the simple solution"

thanks a lot

2. melu85 Senior Member

Paris
    France/French
    is "bunded" the right spelling?

3. p0ussin Junior Member

French (FR)/(US)
    yes it is... guess it is kinda weird. Could you please translate the whole sentence ?

4. melu85 Senior Member

Paris
    France/French
    I'm sorry I don't get it. let's wait for suggestions

5. Teafrog

Teafrog Senior Member

London
    UK English (& rusty French…)
    Welcome to the forum pOussin.:)
    1. Bunded is not to be found (as far as I know) in the English language. Depending where you found this sentence, I suggest it is a mistyping; there is bundled, bonded…(see links).
    2. It would be nice if you made an effort first at translating the sentence; we would be more happy to assist you then.
    3. Sump floor units & trays are reservoirs or trays to collect the oil for the lubrication system of a machine (e.g. car)
    4. The rest is up to you ;)

6. pieanne

pieanne Senior Member

Nice Hinterland
    Belgium/French
    There are lots of hits if you type "bunded" in Google, but I don't understand what it means

7. p0ussin Junior Member

French (FR)/(US)
    yes i'm sorry for being a bit rude, but i was in a hurry because i am on my workplace, and i really need this translation. ;)

8. Teafrog

Teafrog Senior Member

London
    Thanks Pieanne :thumbsup: Found it here! Since I'd never come across that word before, I'd checked for the term in a few 'standard' English dicts, but in vain; I thought it had to be a misprint…:eek:
    Hang loose pOussin, I'm on the case :cool:. I need to know :)warning: vital!), which industry we're talking about! Is it the oil industry, car manufacturer, what ?
    :confused:De quelle industrie s'agit-il?:confused:

9. Teafrog

Teafrog Senior Member

London
    I found and contacted a company in the UK selling something similar to ask them their definition of "bunded" :p. They told me it is a safety measure that looks like a double-skin: in case of accident such as the tank being breached, this double skin (or secondary skin) is designed to hold up to 110% of the liquid.
    So, here's what I can offer you:
    Ces basins à double paroi, pour les réservoirs de sol et plateaux pour la collection d’huile, offrent un meilleur rapport qualité prix et sont la solution simple (solution de simplicité ?).