cólico hepático

Discussion in 'Medical Terminology' started by Inmaculada, Sep 28, 2004.

1. Inmaculada Member

Spain Spanish
    podría decirme alguien como se dice en inglés: "Cólico hepático"? no encuentro la traducción del adjetivo hepático.

muchas gracias
  2. Vicki Senior Member

United States/English
    "Hepático" se refiere al hídago (liver). Por ejemplo, hay la enfermedad "hepatitis".

Entonces, será "hepatic colic" o "liver colic".

Espero que sea de ayuda.

3. Inmaculada Member

Spain Spanish
    seguro que sí, gracias!!!! :D
  4. David Senior Member

I don´t think we would use the word colic much these days, except maybe for babies with a bellyache. I think a more "medical approach" would be hepatic infection or obstruction, maybe more conversational "liver ailment," "liver problem," "liver blockage."
    Of course if we are talking about people discussing diseases they don´t really know much about, such as "vapors" and "aires," I suppose you might hear people say "liver colic," but that implies a spasm of the liver. Colic comes from the same Greek root as colon, and refers really to intestinal spasms...bellyache!
  5. Vicki Senior Member

United States/English
    I thought the same at first, but found on Google a number of references to "hepatic colic" suggesting that indeed the term is used in a clinical sense.

6. esance

esance Senior Member

7. Alek1979 New Member

Argentina- Español
    <A href="">Aquí te envío la definición del Dorland´s Medical Dictionary de cólico hepático. Definitivamente es un término que se usa con sentido médico.

colic (col·ic) (kol´ik) [Gr. kōlikos] 1. acute abdominal pain; characteristically, intermittent visceral pain with fluctuations corresponding to smooth muscle peristalsis. 2. colonic (def. 1).
    <A href=""><A href="">biliary colic: paroxysms of pain and other severe symptoms due to the passage of gallstones along the bile duct; called also gallstone colic or hepatic colic, and cholecystalgia.
    Espero te ayude! Suerte!​