1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

cólico hepático

Discussion in 'Medical Terminology' started by Inmaculada, Sep 28, 2004.

1. Inmaculada Junior Member

Spain Spanish
    podría decirme alguien como se dice en inglés: "Cólico hepático"? no encuentro la traducción del adjetivo hepático.

muchas gracias

2. Vicki Senior Member

United States/English
    "Hepático" se refiere al hídago (liver). Por ejemplo, hay la enfermedad "hepatitis".

Entonces, será "hepatic colic" o "liver colic".

Espero que sea de ayuda.

Saludos.
    Vicki

3. Inmaculada Junior Member

Spain Spanish
    seguro que sí, gracias!!!! :D

4. David Senior Member

I don´t think we would use the word colic much these days, except maybe for babies with a bellyache. I think a more "medical approach" would be hepatic infection or obstruction, maybe more conversational "liver ailment," "liver problem," "liver blockage."
    Of course if we are talking about people discussing diseases they don´t really know much about, such as "vapors" and "aires," I suppose you might hear people say "liver colic," but that implies a spasm of the liver. Colic comes from the same Greek root as colon, and refers really to intestinal spasms...bellyache!

5. Vicki Senior Member

United States/English
    I thought the same at first, but found on Google a number of references to "hepatic colic" suggesting that indeed the term is used in a clinical sense.

Saludos.
    Vicki

6. esance

esance Senior Member

7. Alek1979 New Member

Córdoba
    Argentina- Español
    <A href="">Aquí te envío la definición del Dorland´s Medical Dictionary de cólico hepático. Definitivamente es un término que se usa con sentido médico.

colic (col·ic) (kol´ik) [Gr. kōlikos] 1. acute abdominal pain; characteristically, intermittent visceral pain with fluctuations corresponding to smooth muscle peristalsis. 2. colonic (def. 1).
    <A href=""><A href="">biliary colic: paroxysms of pain and other severe symptoms due to the passage of gallstones along the bile duct; called also gallstone colic or hepatic colic, and cholecystalgia.
    Espero te ayude! Suerte!​