canal de transmisión

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by minda10, Mar 23, 2009.

1. minda10 Junior Member

Barcelona
    Spanish/Rio de la Plata/Spain
    Me gustaría que me ayudaran con esta frase que debo traducir al inglés:

Ser el canal de transmisión de conocimientos dentro del grupo....

2. Sprachliebhaber Senior Member

USA English
    Transmission channel. "To be the channel for the transmission of knowledge within the group".

3. minda10 Junior Member

Barcelona
    Thanks a lot.
    I don´t know why but TRANSMISSION CHANNEL/ channel of transmission sounded a little bit "spanglish", but if you have used it or seen it before , I appreciate your help

4. Sprachliebhaber Senior Member

USA English
    Transmission channel es la traducción literal. Pero "channel for the transmission..." es común.

5. minda10 Junior Member

Barcelona
    thank you!

6. Victoria.W

Victoria.W Junior Member

And what about the financial term ? In this context: "...canal de transmisión de un mayor PBI ...", it is still translated as "channel of transmission" ?

7. i heart queso Senior Member

San Francisco, California
    English, Canada
    I am also wondering the same thing. The context is the international financial crisis and the Mexican economy; one example sentence is: 'queremos señalar aquí los canales de transmisión del impacto de la crisis a la economía mexicana'.

Transmission channel really seems to only be used in computer contexts, and not when speaking financially. At least to me it doesn't seem like idiomatic English. Does anyone have any ideas?

Saludos

queso

8. Sprachliebhaber Senior Member

USA English
    Parece referirse a las varias maneras en las que puede afectar la economía: tal vez "the various ways the crisis impacts the Mexican economy".