canoe parts defined on a diagram

Discussion in 'French-English Vocabulary / Vocabulaire Français-Anglais' started by PGalbe, Dec 4, 2009.

  1. PGalbe Senior Member

  2. sdpc Member

  3. jetset

    jetset Senior Member

  4. PGalbe Senior Member

    It is great but the terms are completely different. I have le barrot = thwart; les plat-bords = gunwale; le couple / les membrures = ribs; le gainage / le paroi contrainte = sheathing or shell; le proue = prow; la poupe = stern.
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
  5. sdpc Member

    i'm really sorry!
    i thought some words would be the same, but apparently they're not!
    actually i thought kayak was a kind of canoe, since in french we say "canoe kayak", but i must say i'm not an expert on the subject!

Share This Page