cargo de confianza

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by kfitch, May 8, 2006.

1. kfitch New Member

English - United States
    No nos referimos a los funcionarios de alto nivel, al ser cargos de confianza del gobierno ...

2. fenixpollo

fenixpollo Mod Chicken

Arizona
    American English
    Hi, kfitch, and welcome to the forum.

Did you want a translation into English? What did your attempt look like? In what context did you see this phrase? Where's the rest of the sentence? The more details you include in your post, the better.

Here's my attempt: We're not referring to high-ranking functionaries, being sensitive government positions...

Cheers.

3. kfitch New Member

English - United States
    Many thanks, Arizona. The sentence if is from an article about the role of public health officials in communicating public health information.

No nos referimos a los funcionarios de alto nivel que tienen la representación institucional del departamento, constituyen el primer escalón en la línea jerárquica de la toma de decisiones y, al ser cargos de confianza del gobierno, han sido designados para ocupar ese puesto de trabajo por decisión del consejo de gobierno.
    And my translation:
    We do not refer to high level functionaries who are the institutional representatives of the department, who are the first step in the decision-making hierarchy and who, because they occupy government-appointed positions, have been designated to occupy the post by the decision of government council.

Would you agree that a "cargo de confianza" refers to someone who has been appointed to their position?

Thanks for your help.

4. fenixpollo

fenixpollo Mod Chicken

Arizona
    American English
    I think you have "cargo de confianza" right, although I think it also implies a position of trust. Here are some other options (corrijanme si me equivoco):

We are not talking about the high government officials that represent the department on an institutional level, comprise the first step in the decision-making chain of command and, being trusted members of government, have been designated to occupy that position by the governing council.

Saludos.

5. kfitch New Member

English - United States
    I like it, I like it! Thank you VERY much. This is my first experience with the forum and I can see that it will be a very valuable resource.
    Un montón de gracias!
    Kathy

6. Pepe-biforum New Member

Mexico
    Spanish
    Creo que se puede usar cargo de confianza como trusted post tanto para accionistas de una corporación como para empleados de alto nivel