1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

Carta de pago

Discussion in 'Financial Terms' started by BelenG., Aug 17, 2007.

1. BelenG. Junior Member

Spanish
    Gracias por las respuestas....pero como se llamaria a la carta de pago que te dan en algunos sitios por ejemplo suma o el ayuntamiento y que tienes que ir a una caja a pagarlo en efetivo?? Diret debit es cuando tienes una domiciliacion y el banco tienen orden de pagar ese reibo en una determinada fecha...estoy echa un lio!!

GRACIAS!

2. the boss Senior Member

Mexico
    Mexico
    Yo creo que es necesario que abras un hilo nuevo con tu pregunta para no confundirnos.

Gracias

3. JanetF Senior Member

Alicante, Spain
    England - English (British English)
    I have never heard of such a card - which doesn't mean to say that they don't exist, of course! In the UK, if you want to pay local authority taxes in cash at the town hall, a bank or the post office, they issue you with a book of paying-in slips (deposit slips) which contain your details and the authority's bank details and you take one of those along with your cash to wherever you are going to make the payment.

It could well be that some central or local authorities issue the sort of cards you are talking about, in which case I would guess that they would be simply called a payment card.

4. Dani California

Dani California Senior Member

Spain, Spanish
    Hi
    An option for carta de pago: acquittance.
    Regards

5. JanetF Senior Member

Alicante, Spain
    Hi, Dani C.! Acquittance is something different - here are a couple of definitions from online dictionaries which explain it better than I could!

Merriam-Webster: A document evidencing a discharge from an obligation; especially : a receipt in full (http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/acquittance)

Hutchinson Encyclopaedia: Payment of, or release from, debt; full receipt (http://www.tiscali.co.uk/reference/dictionaries/difficultwords/data/d0000195.html)

The Free Dictionary: A written release from an obligation, specifically a receipt indicating payment in full (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/acquittance)

Hope that helps!

6. Dani California

Dani California Senior Member

Spain, Spanish
    Thanks Janet, of course you are right!!
    Regards

7. JanetF Senior Member

Alicante, Spain
    No hay de qué, Dani!

Saludos.

8. rdhdailey Junior Member

Mexico
    Mexico - Spanish
    Yo lo encontre en un diccionario de terminos de negocios, que "carta de pago" es "receipt"? Entonces cuál es la correcta????
    RD

9. globorojo

globorojo Senior Member

Hola,
    me gustaría saber como se dice en inglés carta de pago en un contexto por ejemplo como el siguiente.

Mañana tengo que ir ha hacienda para que me den la carta de pago

Gracias

10. Perrito

Perrito Senior Member

Estats Units
    Estats Units, anglès
    ¿Será un recibo/tíque?

The receipt, si es eso.

11. Sherlockat

Sherlockat Senior Member

Australia
    Castilian (Patagonian)

12. imbunche New Member

Spanish Spanish
    DRAE
    Carta de pago
    Documento en que el acreedor confiesa haber recibido el importe o parte de la deuda.

Therefore, I think carta de pago is indeed acquittance or proof of payment.

The paying-in / deposit slips to which Janet refers are called in Spain Talones de Cargo.

The method is as follows: the authority gives you both a Talón de Cargo (that tells the Bank what to do with the money, and that sometimes is called "Ejemplar para la entidad colaboradora", i.e., the Bank), and a Carta de Pago, which, duly signed / stamped by the Bank, is the document that acts as proof of payment.

You may get a clearer idea with the following Form, which is actually the same form with four different uses / names: For the Taxpayer, For the Treasury Department, Acquittance (Carta de pago) and For the collaborating entity (Para la entidad colaboradora; this would be the Talón de Cargo / Paying in slip; in fact, in the guidance notes of the form, it is called a Talón de Cargo, and not Ejemplar para la entidad colaboradora).

Reference: search for Modelo 620 de la Agencia Tributaria. It seems that I can't link the page, as I am a newbie here.

13. Osamushi Junior Member

Se puede decir:
    Note of payment o Letter of payment