1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)


Discussion in 'Italian-English' started by Jndaco, Jan 13, 2006.

  1. Jndaco New Member

    chi mi puo' tradurre 'pareti in cartongesso'?
  2. You little ripper! Senior Member

    Australian English
    Plaster walls.

    Welcome to the forum, by the way.
  3. la reine victoria Senior Member

    Ciao Jndaco,

    A warm welcome to the forum!

    I would suggest 'plastered walls' but, since I am English, I advise you to wait for a native Italian.

    Best wishes,

    La Reine V.
  4. winnie

    winnie Senior Member

    italy, italian
    IMHO it's better to use: 'plasterboard' ->plasterboard walls, to put in evidence the presence of both plaster and cardboard
  5. You little ripper! Senior Member

    Australian English
    That's what I meant to write but I forgot the word board. My brain was too busy thinking about air call. :D
  6. Jndaco New Member

    grazie per gli utili suggerimenti!
    Nice to meet you all!
  7. In the U.S. we also use "drywall" and "sheetrock" (the latter a former brand name that now has become generic). Both these words are nouns meaning the material and verbs meaning the act of installing the material.

Share This Page