1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

Certificado de Reconocimiento

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by Katogato, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Katogato Junior Member

English - United States
    Hola a todos,

Tengo un documento que se llama un "Certificado de Reconocimiento". Lo recibí en una clase hace tiempo. Dice que es "otorgado a" mi mismo, y "por" la clase. Me gustaría saber si fue traducido bien, o hay una traducción mejor.

Gracias.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
  2. gengo

gengo Senior Member

I don't understand what you mean. Is it a translation into Spanish? By whom?

3. Katogato Junior Member

English - United States
    It is supposed to be a "Certificate of Recognition," as a good-student award. I believe it was made by my high-school Spanish teacher, who is a native English speaker. The text is in Spanish because the class in which I received it was Spanish.

Thank you for correcting my mistakes, although it is painful to see so many errors ...

4. gengo

gengo Senior Member

All the Spanish you have quoted from the certificate looks correct to me. Are you just curious, or do you have some specific reason for suspecting that it was badly translated?

5. Katogato Junior Member

English - United States
    Partly it is because I am curious. I also wanted to know because the translation looks almost too close to the English form to be "natural" Spanish, and finally, because I want to cite this certificate as something I have, and do not want to name it as it is if it has been translated incorrectly.

6. gengo

gengo Senior Member

OK, I see. As I said, it looks fine to me, and I just now googled the phrase and it got quite a lot of hits on Spanish sites, but maybe a native speaker can confirm for you.