Certificate of sponsorship

Discussion in 'Specialized Terminology' started by Jeanie, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Jeanie Senior Member

London
    English
    Could someone assist me with the desciption of this term into Spanish? "A virtual document (a unique reference number) that an organisation gives to migrants they want to employ and that the migrant uses when applying under the points-based system for coming to the UK to work, train or study. Also known as confirmation of acceptance for studies"

2. coolbrowne Senior Member

Bethesda, MD - USA
    Português-BR/English-US bilingual
    Here you go:
    Un documento virtual (numero de referencia único) que una organización provee a un migrante que desea emplear, y que el migrante utiliza cuando requiere admisión al Reino Unido para trabajo, entrenamiento o estudios. También conocido como confirmación de aceptación para estudios.
    Please note a slight change for the sake of concordance: The original says "that an organisation gives to migrants". The translation corresponds to "given by an organisation to a migrant". Please let me know if that is acceptable, thanks.

Regards

3. Jeanie Senior Member

London
    English
    Dear Coolbrowne, thank you for that translation. Perhaps I am wrong but I believe that "entrenamiento" is American-Spanish and in peninsulan Spanish the word "formacion" is more common. Entrenamiento refers to physical training.

4. coolbrowne Senior Member

Bethesda, MD - USA
    Português-BR/English-US bilingual
    Yes you are right :thumbsup:, my mistake :eek:
    I should have checked the RAE first. ;)

Regards