1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

Certifico que, según consta en el Registro Nº 13 de

Discussion in 'Legal Terminology' started by torbellinopelusilla, Dec 25, 2012.

1. torbellinopelusilla New Member

Español
    This is a Secondary School Diploma from Chile

"Certifico que, según consta en el Registro Nº 13 del establecimiento educacional XXXXXX"

My translation , so far:

"I certify that according to the record Nº 13 of the educational establishment X"

Let me know if this is correct.

Thanks you very much!

2. jackaustralia Senior Member

Australia English
    It sounds correct. Perhaps you could say "educational body" instead of establishment. To me it is not a complete sentence - does it continue after where you have put the x's?

Are you translating for a specific English speaking country? I ask because it may influence the preferred translation for "Registro Nº 13."

3. torbellinopelusilla New Member

Español
    Thank you Jackaustralia.

The translations need to be sent to different countries in Europe(it is an application with many documents).
    The countries are Denmark, Germany and The Netherlands.

This is the whole text

LICENCIA DE ENSEÑANZA MEDIA
    HUMANISTICO CIENTIFICA

Certifico que, según consta en el Registro Nº 13 del establecimiento educacional
    LICEO ANDRES BELLO, comuna de LA FLORIDA, REGIÓN METROPOLITANA, se
    ha otorgado en el año 2003 el certificado de LICENCIA DE EDUCACIÓN MEDIA
    HUMANISTICO CIENTIFICA a don(ña) XXXXX, RUN
    XXX, quien aprobó toda la enseñanza media de esta modalidad.

Region Metropolitana is the main city in Chile.Comuna is like a town and Run is the national identification number.
    This is a diploma for secondary(high school) education.

This is my translation So Far

I certify that according to the record Nº 13 of the educational establishment LICEO ANDRES BELLO, commune of LA FLORIDA, SANTIAGO METROPOLITAN REGION, Miss XXXX, NATIONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER XXXX was awarded the SECONDARY SCHOOL DIPLOMA IN ARTS AND SCIENCES after successfully completing the secondary school.

Thank you very much for your help !!!

4. jackaustralia Senior Member

Australia English
    (1) "commune" does not sound right. If it is a collective organisation (one of the definitions) I would say "collective."
    (2) I think "record" is OK on second thoughts.
    (3) "... after successfully completing secondary school." Be careful using "the" too much in English. (you use it more often in Spanish)

Otherwise it's a pretty good translation so far.

5. David Senior Member

Certifico que, según consta en el Registro Nº 13 del establecimiento educacional
    LICEO ANDRES BELLO, comuna de LA FLORIDA, REGIÓN METROPOLITANA, se
    ha otorgado en el año 2003 el certificado de LICENCIA DE EDUCACIÓN MEDIA
    HUMANISTICO CIENTIFICA a don(ña) XXXXX, RUN
    XXX, quien aprobó toda la enseñanza media de esta modalidad.

We are not supposed to supply entire translations, but since you are obviously struggling with English, I will try to help out (unless the moderators cut me off; it wouldn't be the first time.) Please note is usually best to translate into one's own language.

[The undersigned] certifies that, as recorded in File Nº 13 of the ANDRÉS BELLO LYCEUM, an educational institution in the municipality of LA FLORIDA, of the CAPITAL DISTRICT, the certificate of Licencia [undergraduate degree] in SOCIAL SCIENCES was granted, in the year 2003, to Mr./Ms. Fulano/a D. Tal, national identify document Nº 9999, who completed satisfactorily the prescribed course of study.