1. Onion Patch

Onion Patch Senior Member

United States - KY
    English (US)
    I am translating a YouTube video for practice and in one clip a man says that he is the "chef concierge" at a hotel. In this instance chef is used as head (as in head concierge) but how do I translate that to Spanish? Would it be conserje principal? I just want to make it clear that he is the concierge in charge.

Thanks

2. clautrevino Senior Member

Mexican Spanish
    Isn't it "Chief"?

Now, in México the term CONCIERGE is used in the hotel industry.

3. Onion Patch

United States - KY
    English (US)
    In English it would be chief as I believe that is the literal translation of French word 'chef'. Of course we are familiar with its normal meaning in the culinary industry. The concierge is actually French and works in Washington DC and his official title is Chef Concierge (chief concierge or head concierge). I suppose since the video is in English and he uses the French term anyway, then I could just leave it as is.

4. Jaime Bien Senior Member

Barcelona
    Español/España
    ¿Y qué tal "jefe de conserjes" o "conserje en jefe"?

5. clautrevino Senior Member

Mexican Spanish
    I guess it would be better to use: "head concierge", as not everyone is familiar with the French term

6. Onion Patch

United States - KY
    English (US)
    Thanks Clautrevino and Jaime! I suppose I will just simplify it to 'concierge' or 'conserje' since not many people are familiar with any other variation on the word. I know that I am not.