Clear Multiple Subject Teaching Credential

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by MNavarrete, May 1, 2011.

1. MNavarrete New Member

California
    Ca English/Mex Spanish
    Im having a tough time translating this one. Not really sure what the clear means. As far as the rest of it maybe: Credencial de enseñanza de materias (o asignaturas) múltiples? Any suggestions?

2. fenixpollo

fenixpollo Mod Chicken

Arizona
    American English
    Hello, MNavarrete, and welcome to the forum.

If you look up teaching credential in our dictionary and scroll to the bottom of the page, you'll see a list of previous threads in this forum with those words in the title. You can find some ideas in those old threads about the translation of this phrase.

As far as "clear", my guess that it means "not conditional" or "not probationary", as in it's a full license to teach, not a partial or temporary license.

3. MNavarrete New Member

California
    Ca English/Mex Spanish
    Thanks Fenix. You were right. I looked into it more and found out that a "clear" credential is what is given after having a "preliminary" credential for two years and passing the necessary exams and such. So here is how I have translated the whole phrase: Credencial Concluyente de Enseñanza en Asignaturas Múltiples.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks