1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

colegiado activo mil quinientos setenta y ocho

Discussion in 'Medical Terminology' started by Carlos1, Feb 2, 2007.

1. Carlos1 Junior Member

English USA
    Como se dice en Ingles? : colegiado activo mil quinientos setenta y ocho

I know that it's the year 1578, but what does colegiado activo mean in relation to the year? The complete phrase is: El infrascrito medico y cirujano, colegiado activo mil quinientos setenta y ocho, egresado de la facultad de cienciencas medicas de la Universidad de San Carlos de Guatemala, extiende el presente certificado medico de la nina Maria Teresa Pic Julajuj.

Can anyone help me with this?
    Thank you,
    Carlos1

2. Rogercito Senior Member

Spanish - Argentina
    I think that 1578 is not a year but the number of affiliation to the "Medical Doctor Association" (Colegio de Médicos, in spanish, I don't know the word in english).

"Colegiado activo 1578" means that he is the member number 1578 of the Colegio de Médicos, and he is an active member.

3. Carlos1 Junior Member

English USA
    Gracias, Rogercito! Now I understand. I was confused, because I knew that the college was founded by a Spanish monk back in the 1500"s, so I thought they were referencing the year the colegio was founded. Now it is clear. Muy claro!
    Gracias por su ayuda!

Carlos1

4. nisei23 New Member

Spanish
    Hello Carlos1, do you mind sharing how you wrote the whole sentence in the end? I am helping a NGO with some Spanish texts and I would like to explain a similar sentence to them. thank you very much.

El infrascrito medico y cirujano, colegiado activo mil quinientos setenta y ocho, egresado de la facultad de cienciencas medicas de la Universidad de San Carlos de Guatemala, extiende el presente certificado medico de xxx.