colmenar de agentes de inteligencia [Perú]

Discussion in 'Specialized Terminology' started by Heredianista, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Heredianista

Heredianista Senior Member

Austin, Texas
    English - USA
    Hola,

Supongo que no es un aviary. ; )

Habla de un sector del Servicio de Inteligencia del Ejército de Perú.

¡Gracias!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2010
  2. Jom Senior Member

Roma Italia
    Español-España
    Hola:

No parece ser un apiary. Exctracto de http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligence_assessment

"As used by intelligence agencies and related services, "intelligence" refers integrally to both active data as well as the process and the result of gathering and analyzing such information, as these together form a cohesive network (cf. "hive mind"). In a sense, this usage of "intelligence" at the national level may be somewhat associated with the concept of social intelligence —albeit one which is tied to localized or nationalist tradition, politics, law, and the enforcement thereof."

3. Heredianista

Austin, Texas
    English - USA
    Jom,

Thank you! A fascinating quotation. I was going to call it a conference room. What would you suggest that I call it?

The source text describes the layout of the building that houses the central intelligence agency of Peru – explaining in detail which department works in each section of the building, and what they do. Quote:

"En el tercero [pabellón del edificio], de tres plantas, se halla el colmenar de agentes de inteligencia. En cada piso,... etc."

Now that I look at it, it seems to describe the whole three floors so it can't be a conference room. Maybe I will call it "the intelligence agents’ hive"...

or "nexus"? Or --- how about "hub of activity"?!

In any case, I need a word that describes this physical location.

Thanks again! So much.

With great appreciation,
    ~H

4. Jom Senior Member

Roma Italia
    Español-España
    Hola:

El texto parece referirse a la tercera planta de tres (third floor out of three). En cualquier caso, "the intelligence hive" serviría.

5. Heredianista

Austin, Texas
    English - USA
    Actually, I think it refers to the third section of the building, which section has three floors.

Does that not sound right?

Thank you so much for your help! I love this forum.