1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

Comisaría de la Mujer y la Familia

Discussion in 'Legal Terminology' started by RivetingPie, Jan 20, 2012.

  1. RivetingPie New Member

    Quito - Ecuador
    What is the name of this government office that looks after Women and Family's welfare? here is where abuses are reported and some other things agains women and family.

    It's not actually the social services because they would only get complaints and reports, it's more like an agency or office.
  2. robjh22 Senior Member

    U.S.A. & English
    This type of office appears under different rubrics in the USA. You might consider

    "Office of Women and Children Services", or

    "Office of Children and Family Services".

    Sound okay?
  3. David Senior Member

    Commissioner for Women and FAmilies would be a literal and comprehensible translation.
  4. RivetingPie New Member

    Quito - Ecuador
    Sounds great ! if they're the exact names they're used in the USA, that's what I'm looking for, thanks a lot !
  5. robjh22 Senior Member

    U.S.A. & English
    Well, David is a lot stronger and more experienced than I am. Consider his suggestion in post #3.

    Anyway, you're welcome.

Share This Page