comodato, concesión

Discussion in 'Legal Terminology' started by ilaló, Jun 28, 2008.

1. ilaló Senior Member

Andes
    English, USA
    Hola:
    ¿Cuál sería la mejor traducción para “figuras legales” (o "figuras jurídicas”, que viene a ser lo mismo) en este contexto? Encontré la siguiente lista en otro hilo – legal entity, legal precept, legal body, corporation, company, corporate body – y también en otro hilo, “legal concept”, pero con la posible excepción de "legal precept", no me parece que encajan.

Las figuras legales (tercerización, delegación, comodato, arrendamiento, concesión) que pueden ser aplicadas bajo nuestra legislación para actividades complementarias, deben ser identificadas de acuerdo a un análisis técnico y de mercado para cada caso

Intento: The legal precepts (outsourcing, delegation, commodatum, leasing, concession) that can be applied under our legislation for complementary activities should be identified according to a technical and market analysis in each case.

Otras opciones:
    Legal condition
    Legal mechanism
    Legal precept
    Legal arrangement
    Legal practice

¿Cuál les parece mejor, o hay una opción mejor?

Mil gracias.

2. speedier

speedier Senior Member

Hi Ilalo,

I'm not sure about the correct translation, but I'll confuse you even more by adding a few more suggestions. It seems to me that the words that best "fit" your sentence are "precepts" and "mechanisms", which you already have, and "principles", "rules" and directives i.e:

The legal precepts/mechanisms/rules/principles/directives (outsourcing, delegation, commodatum, leasing, concession) that can be applied under our legislation for complementary activities should be identified according to a technical and market analysis in each case.

I'm tempted by principles.

3. David Senior Member

"Forms of action. The...general designation of the various species or kinds of personal actions known to the common law, such as trover, trespass, debt, assumpsit, etc., and also to the general classification of actions as those in "equity" or "law." These differ in their pleadings and evidence as well as in the circumstances to which they are respecitively applicable...there is now only one form of action known as a ´civil action." Black's Law Dict. sub nom. "Form."

There are differences of law and practice here from the Roman-law systems, but essentially, the various type of lawsuit that can be brought, called "figuras," seem to me to be the meaning of figuras in Spanish is very closely akin to "forms of action."

4. ilaló Senior Member

Andes
    English, USA
    Thank you, David. So the category lawsuit can contain contractual arrangements, and not just "attempts to defend one's rights"? (very unlegal description)
    I will go with "forms of action" - you clearly know what you are talking about! - though I admit I wouldn't have thought of leasing, outsourcing, or concessions as forms of action (though now that I think about it again, why not? Contracting IS a form of action).

In a different context, but as an attempt to contribute something to this discussion, I found this translation:

Z opinó que al no tener una figura legal de protección, la cuenca XXX queda en peligro de ser saqueada.
    Z stated that by not having a legal protection status, the XXX Basin is in danger of being pillaged.

In that case "legal status" seems to work well, though it clearly wouldn't work in my sentence.