1. claire.monet New Member

English US
    Hola todo el mundo,

Estoy traduciendo una pagina de agradecimientos para una publicacion de un organizacion nongobiernamental (ONG) que trata de la salud. El documento es un trabajo de estudio de caso en Costa Rica.

Tengo que traducir la posicion de esa mujer que es: "Comunicadora Social." Aunque me parece que sea "social communicator" en ingles, eso trabajo no me suena.

Hay otra expression, como "spokesperson"? o "interviewer"? No sé exactamente lo que hace una comunicadora social..

Muchisimas gracias :)

Last edited: Jul 8, 2008

: journalism
  2. njumi Senior Member

POLSKI
    I think that the profession of "social communicator" does exist, because you can find wikipedia entry for "social communication" and the searching in the google finds about [SIZE=-1]16.600 results for "social communicator".
    [/SIZE]

Last edited: Jul 8, 2008
  3. claire.monet New Member

English US
    Interesting suggestion. It could be an obscure profession. Many of the google entries I have found refer to "social communicator" as an apparatus or a computer application or program. There is also some information on social communication in terms of psychology. But the wikipedia entry is convincing.

The Canadian scientist who is publishing the study is not familiar with this as a profession, and nor am I. But the wiki definition could make sense in the context of the study, and she is willing to accept "social communicator." It just seems so vague.

Thanks for your suggestions.

4. fenixpollo

fenixpollo Mod Chicken

Arizona
    American English
  5. claire.monet New Member

English US
    Hmm.. thank you. I am getting a better sense of the idea, it has to do with mass communication and journalism, maybe in the field of social sciences... But a translation is still tricky....

6. fenixpollo

fenixpollo Mod Chicken

Arizona
    American English
    I agree that a translation is tricky, because it's less a case of finding a translation than of finding an equivalent. If you could explain what a "comunicadora social" does, then we could find an equivalent in English.

7. aurilla Senior Member

Puerto Rico
    Am Eng/PR Spanish
    Isn't that something like "public affairs"?