1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

con i quali intende valorizzare le realtà aziendali

Discussion in 'Italian-English' started by tabby8, Jan 7, 2012.

1. tabby8 New Member

Italy
    English
    IL Movimento si caratterizza per un forte spirito di innovazione e per la qualità dell’accoglienza, con i quali intende valorizzare le realtà aziendali associate e le loro produzioni,........

My translation so far: the movement is characterised by a strong spirit for innovation and quality hospitality,

(but I really can't get my head round this next bit high lighted in red, i understand the words, but not sure if i get the meaning)
    help!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  2. beacher

beacher Senior Member

Everywhere; San Diego; London
    Veneto Dialect and Italian
    How would you put it down in english? The requested sentence.

Even though I haven't understood, do you need a translation or a further more clear meaning of it?

3. AlabamaBoy Senior Member

Alabama, USA
    American English
    I think I need some help with this because it still doesn't quite make sense to me:

The movement is known for is strong spirit of innovation and for its enthusiastic acceptance of asscoiated businesses and their products.

4. beacher

beacher Senior Member

Hi Alabama, don't worry. In your sentece somebody is suppsed to think that "associated bussiness involved in "something" will receive and enthusiastic acceptance".

However, the meaning of the sentece written by tabby8 is this (if I grasp correctly): thanks to its spirit of innovation and hospitaly, the Movement plans to show off related companies and their output".

This is what I got, but I'm not sure if tabby8 needs one more translation, or an additional meaning of it.

5. AlabamaBoy Senior Member

Alabama, USA
    American English
    Grazie, Beacher! I think I read "si intende" instead of "intende."

6. london calling Senior Member

SALERNO, ITALY
    UK ENGLISH
    Tabby, which Movement are we talking about here? It could make a difference.;). Anyway, this is what I think it means (Beacher?):

The Movement is characterised by a strong spirit of innovation and quality hospitality, by means of which it intends to give lustre to its associate firms and their products.

7. beacher

beacher Senior Member

Hi L.

yeah I think both of us has figured it out correctly. However, until the author of the topic does not reply, I till have some doubts: I mean he's an english native speaker and says on his message that got the meaning in italian, thus what's the problem? Another meaning of the sentence or a translation? :cool: Dunno

8. tabby8 New Member

Italy
    English
    [FONT=arial, sans-serif]so sorry had no idea this thread had actually been put on - as got message that it wasn't done properly - so finding it now was a surprise and i feel so bad for not having taken part and of course learning from you guys. As this is my first time using word ref. can't remember the phrase now. sorry again -till next time. Thanks again, ciao Tabby[/FONT]