1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

confirm the completion of my initial application

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by elavedepaso, Oct 19, 2010.

1. elavedepaso Senior Member

Lubbock, Texas
    United States English
    I am applying to graduate school and I am sending the last of my references and university transcripts in a package. This is not THAT important, but I want to make sure my Spanish is casual and perfect as they open the package.

Please help!

Upon revision of the contents of this package, please be so kind as to email to confirm the completion of my initial application.

Thank you for your time and energy!

XXX
    Ph: XXX
    DP: XXX
    Email: XXX

Al revisar el contenido de este paquete, si es Ud. muy amable, envíe confirmación por email para confirmar la finalización de la solicitud inicial.
    ¡Gracias por su tiempo y energía!

2. Morganilla Junior Member

spanish
    "Al revisar el contenido de este paquete, sea usted tan amable de enviar un email confirmando la conclusión de mi solicitud inicial.

¡Gracias por su tiempo e interés(?)!"

Energía suena muy raro...

3. nanel Senior Member

Madrid (Spain)
    Spain (Spanish)
    This is anything but casual. It's quite formal:

Le ruego que, tras revisar el contenido de este paquete, sea tan amable de enviarme un email confirmando la finalización de (los trámites para) mi solicitud inicial.

I added a suggestion in blue and in parentheses. Without this, it sounded a bit odd to me.

Instead of "e-mail", you could also say "correo electrónico". But to be honest, I always say "e-mail". It's shorter :)

4. elavedepaso Senior Member

Lubbock, Texas
    United States English
    ¡Guau! ¡Mil gracias! Suena mejor.