constancia de retención de impuestos

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by leonordrata, Jun 26, 2009.

1. leonordrata Senior Member

Spanish, Mexico
    Buenos días, ¿podría alguien ayudarme a encontrar la traducción de "constancia de retención de impuestos"?
    Muchas gracias

2. Chinola Senior Member

Planet earth
    English
    "proof of income tax withholding"...... perhaps. Could we have more context?

3. felicity09 Senior Member

Colorado
    English - USA
    I agree with Chinola but I find the word 'constancia' to be one of the more difficult ones to translate, it seems to appear in many different contexts. I've used 'attestations' for constancias but it has an odd ring to it. Any ideas on this?

4. leonordrata Senior Member

Spanish, Mexico
    Gracias, creo que Tax withhold certificate puede funcionar.

5. zumac Senior Member

Mexico City
    USA: English & Spanish
    For those of you who work in the US, the W-2 form which you receive from your employer after the close of the year, is equivalent to the "constancia de retención de impuestos" issued in Mexico. However, the "constancia" has multiple pages and is much more difficult to understand.

Saludos.

6. Chinola Senior Member

Planet earth
    English
    Do you think "statement of income tax withholdings" might be best? That would include the idea of something similar to a W-2.

7. Lamemoor Senior Member

Perú
    Peru - Spanish

Yo usaría Certificate como ya ha sido sugerido.

Saludos

L.

8. zumac Senior Member

Mexico City
    USA: English & Spanish
    The W-2 Form of the US Internal Revenue Service (IRS) is sometimes referred to as "Wage and Tax Statement." However, the official name used by the IRS is "W-2 Form."

Let's not invent any other names for the sake of translation.

Saludos.