contesto di una realtà produttiva sottoposta

Discussion in 'Italian-English' started by lisanataieri, Nov 10, 2008.

1. lisanataieri New Member

Italian
    Hi everybody!
    This is my first post; I'd like to know how can I translate this phrase:
    "Analisi critica della gestione del rischio incendio nel contesto di una realtà produttiva sottoposta al Decreto Legislativo 334/99, rivolto alle aziende a rischio di incidenti rilevanti".

I mainly got lost in those points:
    - gestione del rischio incendio (---> fire risk management?)
    - nel contesto di una realtà produttiva
    - sottoposta al Decreto..

Thank you a lot for helping me! :)

2. MünchnerFax

MünchnerFax Senior Member

Germany
    Italian, Italy
    Nel contesto di una realtà produttiva ecc.ecc. lo tradurrei, molto terra terra (perché in inglese non piacciono i giri di parole): applied to a plant subject to the Legislative Decree (?)

3. TrentinaNE Senior Member

USA
    English (American)
    Good attempt, MünchnerFax. :) Now that I understand realtà produttiva to be a "plant," I'd suggest: in the context of plants that are subject to legislative Decree 334/99, ...

The plural sounds better to me in English than sticking with the singular usage of Italian.

Elisabetta

4. MünchnerFax

MünchnerFax Senior Member

Germany
    Italian, Italy
    Hi Trentina :),

Even if we are speaking about a particular plant? That's what I understand from the Italian text: a critical analysis of a specific case subject to that law is being presented.

5. spicysalsa Senior Member

Cremona
    Italian
    Il mio tentativo:

Critical analysis of the fire risk management applied to a productive reality subject to the leg. decree... , regarding the companies at serious fire risk.

Peró aspetta un madrelingua per conferma o migliori suggerimenti.
    S.S.

6. TrentinaNE Senior Member

USA
    English (American)
    OK, I hadn't understood it that way. But if that is the intent, then I agree with keeping the singular. :)

Ciao, Spicy! Knowing when to use the definite article "the" in English can be tricky. It is not needed in the two places above that I have noted. ;) I think we have agreed that realtà produttiva is a plant (factory). Do you think otherwise?

Elisabetta

7. Jelsah

Jelsah Senior Member

Naples
    British English
    I have also found "realtà produttiva" to be a "manufacturing group" or a "production group" which is much bigger than a plant, but does seem to fit in most contexts.
    Jelsah :)