1. josuepi New Member

Is there an specific word sinonimous of corporativismo?
    I would like to translate: "debido al corporativismo entre los miembros del equipo"

2. lasaiki Senior Member

Aiako Harriak, Spain, Europe
    Spanish, Catalan
  3. josuepi New Member

Buscaba un termino concreto, porque he visto en algunas webs que lo traducen como corporatism pero creo que no sirve para traducir la frase: "No se notifica por corporativismo"
  4. lasaiki Senior Member

Aiako Harriak, Spain, Europe
    Spanish, Catalan
    Lo siento, Josuepi, no acabo de pillar el sentido de la frase...
  5. elirlandes

elirlandes Senior Member

Dublin & Málaga
    Ireland English
    It looks like it means "a sense of unity".

"No se notifica por corporativismo" podría ser "nobody reports anything out of a sense of unity" si es que no quieren notificar por que son muy unidos, o ""nobody reports anything for fear of reprecussions from the rest of the group" si es que tienen miedo de lo que pueden hacer sus colegas.
  6. kuckunniwi

kuckunniwi Senior Member

English, Spanish, Catalan & Gibberish
    According to wikipedia:

"Corporatism (also known as corporativism[1]) is the socio-political organization of a society by major interest groups, or corporate groups, such as agricultural, business, ethnic, labour, military, patronage, or scientific affiliations, on the basis of common interests. [...]Corporatism is related to the sociological concept of structural functionalism.[6] [...] Corporatism may also refer to economic tripartism involving negotiations between business, labour, and state interest groups to establish economic policy.[11] This is sometimes also referred to as neo-corporatism."

I also came across this term, specifically, in a text on the legal system, in which it's used with a negative nuance to imply that corporatism negatively affects the fairness of the legal system. Based on that, I'm guessing it can very well refer to when people organise themselves into interest groups, seeking to benefit the (shared) interests of that particular group rather than the common good. Of course, it depends on what comes before and after the phrase you quoted, and whether it's being referred to as something positive or negative :D