Discussion in 'Română (Romanian)' started by spd466, Aug 3, 2007.

1. spd466 New Member

USA and English
    Hello there everybody. So I chat with a Romanian girl occasionally and I said something along the lines of you're too popular because she was chatting with a couple other people. She replied "cosi-cosi" and when I asked what it meant she said uh don't know in English. So I was wondering if someone could help me out :) I have like no experience with the language so this is just me wondering what it was she said/meant. Thanks in advance.
  2. parakseno

parakseno Senior Member

Romanian, Romania

Well, "cosi-cosi" doesn't look like Romanian to me, but rather Italian. The Romanian idiom for that would be "aşa şi aşa" and the English one "so-so" / "so and so".
  3. spd466 New Member

USA and English
    Hmm, interesting. Thank you very much for the quick response parakseno :) I just assumed it was Romanian. Take care.
  4. parakseno

parakseno Senior Member

Romanian, Romania
    You're welcome!:)
  5. ducdebrabant New Member

English - American
    It's Italian. Literally it means "thus thus" but the meaning is basically the same as the French comme ci comme ça, or the English so so.
  6. makktub Junior Member

There are right "cosi-cosi" is Italian and means "so-so"; not too bad, not too good.
  7. Aequitas1916 New Member

Not for nothing, I don't mean to insult you, but are you sure she is Romanian and not "Romanese" or "Romagnese"? I only ask because it would explain the use of an Italian idiom. Then again, so would being a Romanian polyglot.