Crédito al Salario

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by Agente442, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Agente442

Agente442 Senior Member

Corregidora, Qro.
    México / Español
    Hello, I would appreciate it very much if you would assist me with the English equivalent for this term. It refers to the tax amount returned to a worker in his paycheck.

According to Mexican laws, employees with a certain income range (low) receive a tax subsidy rather than taxes be deducted from their salary.

It is called "crédito al salario"....I was thinking as "Salary Tax Subsidy" or "Wages Tax subsidy"---

As always your assistance is greatly appreciated.

2. Big Egg Junior Member

Western U.S.
    USA/English
    I don't know that we have the equivalent in English tax law, but "Salary Tax Subsidy" sounds cohesive and would explain things well.

Just my two cents.

3. Agente442

Agente442 Senior Member

Corregidora, Qro.
    México / Español
    Thank you big egg. I appreciate it.

4. pejeman

pejeman Senior Member

The problem is there also exists a tax subsidy which lowers the tax to be paid. The "crédito al salario" actually increases the employee's pay check.
    So Salary Tax Credit may be a better choice.

Saludos.

5. Agente442

Agente442 Senior Member

Corregidora, Qro.
    México / Español
    I found out in the English version of the Ley del Impuesto Sobre la Renta, that they use the term "Tax Credit on Salary"

Thank you for your assistance and may this confirmation be useful for anyone in the future looking for this term.

Gracias a todos.