Discussion in 'Português (Portuguese)' started by Henny, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Henny New Member

Hello! What does this word mean from the song "danca do créu".
    Thanks a lot!
  2. Boston Dude Banned

English of USA
    I did a search on an online dictionary and found nothing. Maybe it is a proper name.
  3. Tagarela Senior Member

Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
    Português - Brasil

Créu is not a proper name. It is something with some sexual meaning. Have you seen the song's coreography? Search for it, you will understand.

4. Boston Dude Banned

English of USA
    O.... no thank you.. I would rather not look at something offensive. Thank you.
  5. Henny New Member

Thank you Tagarela, but I already know that it has a sexual meaning although I don´t know the exact significance. How would you translate it?
  6. bomberman New Member

Brazilian Portuguese
    Hi, henny.

Let me try to help...
    The word "créu" has not a meaning. Sorry about my next explanation, but I've gotta go deep in brazilian sexual meanings... (moderators, if I'm very rude, pease note me, ok?)

1st. Do you know the alligators or another predators, ok? When they bites something, the sound that they do (in brazilian slang language) is "créu". An example: A postman teeling about a bite of an dog: "Was terrible, man! I've tried to runaway, but that dog "créu" on me!

2nd. Brazilian people are very creative when the matter is about sex. In slang language, people has been adopted a term "créu" for a sex. People uses the meaning that the guy is a predator that "créu" the girl ("catch" the girl, have a sex with her). Example: "wow man, that guy just knew that hottie babe and in the same night he "créu" her..."

Got the feeling? Now you are able to understand the movements of "créu dancer"!

7. Tagarela Senior Member

Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
    Português - Brasil

Bomberman explanation is good.

And one more thing - as Bomberman said in 1. you see that 'créu' means 'biten/eaten' in that case. So, it is also important to say, that 'food' and 'sex' here are strongly linked.

For a 'hot [woman]' we usually say "[mulher] gostosa (tasty)".
    And to 'have sex' in a very vulgar way we say "comer (to eat)"

But these words are so much used, as English fuck that they do not have that very strong meaning all the time, anyway, I suggest you to avoid them.

8. slacker11 Junior Member

Brazil - Portuguese
    I am not sure, but I think they say 'to do someone' instead of 'to eat someone'.

A native speaker could explain this for us.
  9. olivinha Senior Member

Los Madriles
    Português, Brasil
    Hi, Slacker.
    Both are used, specifically to eat someone refers to oral sex, man to woman.

And, Henny, the correct spelling is dança do créu.
  10. bomberman New Member

Brazilian Portuguese
    Olivinha is right about the hook under the "c". For us the ç (cê-cedilha) sounds completely different from c (cê).
    danca = sounds "dunkah" (wrong)
    dança = sounds "dunsah" (ok!)

As the "ç" sounds like "ss" for us, I remember my problems at junior school to know when write the words correctly chosing one of them! :)

11. Henny New Member

Thank you Olivinha and Bomberman for the correction. Unfortunately I am aware of that but I can´t find that sign on my computer:(
  12. Ricardo Tavares Senior Member

Português - Brasil
    Try pressing "ALT" key + "135" from the numeric keyboard (while pressing the "ALT" key, using your left hand, press "1", then "3", then "5", from the numeric board, and then release all keys). The result: ç.
  13. avok

avok Banned

So, "O créu" refers to the women that dance and shake their bunda's in the clip of the song?
  14. Ricardo Tavares Senior Member

Português - Brasil
    No. This is a way to softly express a sex connotation. It reffers to the sound of the sex act (something like this...). Cré's done. Hard to explain, thou.