Crowdhacking

Discussion in 'Computers/IT/Informática' started by jack_of_all_trades, Nov 26, 2012.

1. jack_of_all_trades New Member

Spain
    Catalan, Spanish Spanish
    Hello everybody!

First of all, I'd like to thank you all for your collaboration.

My doubt is about the English computing term "crowdhacking". It's referred to hackers who make profit of others by misleading them.

All the context I have is an article in which it's explained the meaning of the word:

"But as rating systems have become more popular — and, as Resnick shows, valuable — there has been what some would say is a predictable response: the emergence of scammers, spammers, and thieves bent on manipulating the mob. Call it crowdhacking."

I need a translation into Spanish and I found something like "falseo de masas" but I'm not sure if it will work. What do you think?

Thank you very much

2. dnlsrl

dnlsrl Junior Member

Mexico
    Mexican Spanish
    When it comes to a certain technical word, and the literal meaning doesn't explain completely what it involves, the best choice is to leave it in the original language. For example the term 'Hacking' in Spanish is the same word. Furthermore, the text is giving the readers context about what 'crowdhacking' means.

Now if you feel like still trying to translate the word, my suggestion would be 'Piratería a las masas' o 'multitudes'.
    Hope this helps you.

3. jack_of_all_trades New Member

Spain
    Catalan, Spanish Spanish
    I agree with you. I think it could work with an explanation or even a footnote. Many thanks :)