1. EnglishApprentice Junior Member

Lima-Peru
    Peru-Spanish
    Hi everyone,
    por favor alguien podria decirme como se dice cualidades personales en ingles?

saludos
    Apprentice

2. hfpardue

hfpardue Senior Member

Santiago de Chile
    United States - English
    Hola EnglishApprentice. La traducción es "personal qualities" o "personal characteristics." Los dos son comunes. Nos vemos. :)

3. EnglishApprentice Junior Member

Lima-Peru
    Peru-Spanish
    yeah it could be ! but I am little confuse about this..what do you think about:'' personal qualifications and professionals qualifications''
    thanks for the idea!
    regards,
    Apprentice

4. hfpardue

hfpardue Senior Member

Santiago de Chile
    United States - English
    Is there any context? I may be able to help you more if I have some context. Personal qualifications is a common term, but I have never heard of professionals qualifications. Could you explain the meaning of the term in Spanish? I should be able to give you a better translation after that. All right, buddy, take it easy. :)

5. EnglishApprentice Junior Member

Lima-Peru
    Peru-Spanish
    hi thanks for writing me ;
    in spanish cualidades personales para un puesto de trabajo it refers only at your personality or behavior: dependable, accountable, efficient, punctual, respectful, team player, flexible.

the other one professional qualifications es requisitos profesionales only related with your career and degrees and labor experience.
    I look for the meaning of cualidad in the dictionary and it gives me the transation for quality I do not if really exist so I am littel confuse.
    I hope you can understand my details.
    regards.
    Apprentice

6. Lagartija

Lagartija Senior Member

Western Massachusetts
    English, USA
    Professional Qualifications:
    * Received a Bachelor's Degree from Podunk University in 1999
    * Awarded "Most Promising future Nobel Prize Winner" by Podunk Engineering Department, 1998
    * Licensed by the State of Iowa board of Civil Engineering.

I have seen this term used in resumés. Typical of Engineering resumés where one needs to be licensed to practice.

7. hfpardue

hfpardue Senior Member

Santiago de Chile
    United States - English
    I think the terms are used the same way in Spanish and English. Personal qualities define a person's behavior whereas professional qualities are degrees you've earned in College or some sort of educational environment. Professional qualities may also be any jobs you have had or any achievements. Lagartija gave some good examples. I made the silly mistake of thinking that you meant "professionals qualities" instead of "professional qualities." Sorry about that.

8. Lagartija

Lagartija Senior Member

Western Massachusetts
    English, USA
    But I think there is a difference between "qualities" and "qualifications" in the context of a resumé. Lists of professional qualifications on a resume answer the question, "Why do I qualify for this job?"
    ....Because I have this degree, this license or this particular on-the-job experience.
    Professional qualities is a bit more ambiguous and I have not seen it used in the same way. I would think that "Professional Qualities" used in the same manner as "personal qualities" would contain descriptive terms, but not necessarily quantifiable items. So if I were looking at a resumé and saw Professional Qualities as a heading, it would seem a little odd.

9. SAGal New Member

San Antonio, Texas, USA
    USA/Mexico Spanish
    How about "character traits"?
    I'm actually looking for a translation from English to Spanish of "character traits".