1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

Cultivos de tardío rendimiento

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by CARIELOS, Oct 12, 2009.

1. CARIELOS

CARIELOS Senior Member

Bogota
    Español - Colombia
    Hi dear forum friends,
    I'm trying to translate this:

Consíderase exenta la renta líquida generada por el aprovechamiento de nuevos cultivos de tardío rendimiento en cacao, caucho, palma de aceite, cítricos, y frutales, los cuales serán determinados por el Ministerio de Agricultura y Desarrollo Rural. Dicha exención será por un término de diez (10) años contados a partir del inicio de la producción.

And this is what I came with:

Any liquid rent generated by using new late-yield crops in cocoa, palm oil, citrus and fruit trees is tax exempt, and it will be determined by the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural development. This exemption will take place for 10 years from the beginning of the production.

I've been struggling with this translation (bold font in particular) and I'd appreciate any help to improve it.

2. Chris K Senior Member

Tacoma WA, US
    English / US
    "Late-yield(ing)" implies that they produce a crop late in the season, but I don't think that's what meant. All of the plants mentioned take several years to mature. Perhaps "slow-maturing crops."

3. Chris K Senior Member

Tacoma WA, US
    English / US
    And I would say "this exemption will last for ten years from the beginning of production."

4. CARIELOS

CARIELOS Senior Member

Bogota
    Español - Colombia
    Thank you for your quick reply Chris. You are right, I'll change that. But what about the rest of the sentence?. Does it make sense to you?

5. CARIELOS

CARIELOS Senior Member

Bogota
    Español - Colombia
    You're reading my mind mate, thanks a lot.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  6. Bigote Blanco Senior Member

Dicha exención será por un término de diez (10) años contados a partir del inicio de la producción.
    Said extension will be for a period of ten(10) years counted from the start or beginning of production.

7. CARIELOS

CARIELOS Senior Member

Bogota
    Español - Colombia
    Muchas gracias Bigote Blanco. Ya mismo incluyo tus sugerencias.

8. CARIELOS

CARIELOS Senior Member

Bogota
    Español - Colombia
    Al final lo dejé así

Any liquid rent generated by using new slow-maturing crops in cocoa, palm oil, citrus and fruit trees is tax exempt, and it will be determined by the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural development. Said exemption will be for a period of ten(10) years counted from the start or beginning of production.

Si existe algún otro comentario es bienvenido