1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

cuota de recuperación

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by woofie, Apr 25, 2007.

1. woofie New Member

English, USA
    What is cuota de recuperación exactly? The context is a discussion rgarding a fee a user must pay to access a job bank to search for jobs:

El pago que realiza el solicitante es una cuota de recuperación por la cual tiene acceso a las vacantes que promueven los socios activos...

Thanks!

Maggie

2. walkiria Senior Member

Avellaneda
    Argentina, español
    Si no te contestan preguntá en el foro de terminología especializada

3. isadora70

isadora70 Senior Member

México, Español
    Cuota de recuperación is when you have to pay a fee. It's a kind way to tell that you have to pay for a service.

I hope it helps!:)

4. replicante7

replicante7 Senior Member

Barcelona / Spain
    español Cuba
    Hola, woofie

Este post es sólo para decirte que encuentro muy extraño eso que se dice sobre "vacantes que promueven los socios activos". ¿Es un sitio web?

"Cuota de recuperación" :eek: Lo único que se me ocurre es que le hayan puesto ese nombre a una cantidad por "recuperar" datos de la base datos. Pero encuentro muy raro eso de las vacantes que promueven los socios activos...:confused:

5. woofie New Member

English, USA
    Thank you everyone! I simplified the sentence and wrote, "Job seekers pay a fee for job openings that they access from our website...."

6. olvlo New Member

Mexico, Spanish
    Hi; I know it's been some time, but I thought I might throw my two cents in...

The term "cuota de recuperación" (in Mexico and in a context of health services, at least) usually refers to a 'symbolic' fee to pay for a (subsidized) service. The amount of the fee isn't high enough to pay for the cost of the service, but the user is expected to be 'corresponsible' for the payment of the service. Hope this helps. (I don't know how it's translated, though, which is how I got here in the first place :) )

D.

7. DSimone New Member

Honduras
    English
    In the American sense, for health services, "cuota de recuperación" can be translated as a "co-payment" or a "co-payment on a sliding scale" or something along those lines.
    Hope that helps!

The term "cuota de recuperación" (in Mexico and in a context of health services, at least) usually refers to a 'symbolic' fee to pay for a (subsidized) service. The amount of the fee isn't high enough to pay for the cost of the service, but the user is expected to be 'corresponsible' for the payment of the service. Hope this helps. (I don't know how it's translated, though, which is how I got here in the first place :) )