Cutter with snap off blades

Discussion in 'Ελληνικά (Greek)' started by TryHarder, Jan 19, 2014.

1. TryHarder New Member

English-Canada, Greek-Athens
    Hi,
    how would you say "snap off" blades in Greek?

I've considered "αποσπόμενες" but that lends it self more to "detachable". Is "σπαζόμενες λεπίδες" something that can be used?

Another option would be "χαραγμένες" since they would have to be, in order to snap off at the right place. But that might sound confussing to the average consumer.

Stores/catalogues in Greece never specify if the product is snap-off or not. They usualy rely on the image for that.

2. Perseas Senior Member

Athen
    Griechisch
    Hi TryHarder,

from all your suggestions, I think that only the first one makes sense: "αποσπώμενες λεπίδες". I am not sure though if this is what you are looking for.

3. TryHarder New Member

Thank you Perseas,

The problem with "αποσπώμενες" is that both "snap off" blades and regular blades can be removed from cutters. "Snap off" here means the blade snaps to renew the cutting edge only and not the entire blade. "Λεπίδες αποσπώμενων εχμών" maybe?

4. Perseas Senior Member

Athen
    Griechisch
    Perhaps then "λεπίδες με αποσπώμενες αιχμές" or "λεπίδες με αποσπώμενες κεφαλές", but I am afraid I am not very familiar with that kind of terminology.
    By the way welcome to the forum!

5. Andrious Senior Member

6. TryHarder New Member

Το "αποσπώμενη" έχει κάποια λογική αλλά όπως ανέφερα πριν, μπορεί να αναφέρεται σε ολόκληρη την λάμα και όχι μόνο στις εχμές της.
    (Δεν με αφήνει να δώσω σύνδεσμο για να δείτε εικόνα).

Το έχω βρεί και ως "… με σπαστές λάμες". Αυτό μπορεί να είναι πιο εύκολο τελικά.