1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

data point

Discussion in 'Financial Terms' started by ComicMonster, Dec 14, 2012.

1. ComicMonster

ComicMonster Senior Member

The Earth
    Spanish - Spain
    Hello, can you tell me how do you say "data point" in Spanish. I desperately need a Spanish equivalent. I know what it is (Wiki: "In statistics, a data point is a set of measurements on a single member of a statistical population, or a subset of those measurements for a given individual"), but have no clue about rendering it into Spanish.

Os agradecería que me echárais un cable, porque estoy hecho un lío.

Éste es el contexto: "a data point is deemed “high-quality” if the underlying survey meets three criteria: (1) coverage of all types of income, including in-kind income, (2) coverage of urban and rural households, and (3) focus on households rather than individuals".

With many thanks in advance,

CM

2. Sherlockat

Sherlockat Senior Member

Australia
    Castilian (Patagonian)
  3. k-in-sc

k-in-sc Senior Member

Data point: dato

4. ComicMonster

ComicMonster Senior Member

The Earth
    Spanish - Spain
    OK; thanks to you both; I always have them (the rules) in mind; If I haven't put any personal try here it's because everything was clear except for "datapoint", so I saw no "point" in presenting a translation with a blank just in the place I needed to be solved —I mean, I had no suggestion to offer in this case (I just can say that of the 596 posts I ever written this the one and only I ever sent without a try)—. If you are talking about the previous two explanations (so, to the rule that we should investigate prior to any new posting) I have to say that I had already see them, but wasn't really persuaded of the truth of the solutions offered. Now I am.

Beg your pardon, anyway.

CM

5. k-in-sc

k-in-sc Senior Member

You only have to attempt your own translation if it's for homework.
    Agree that the previous posts were not relevant.