De més verdes en maduren

Discussion in 'Català (Catalan)' started by izayoi, Apr 15, 2013.

1. izayoi Senior Member

Algú coneix un IDIOM o frase feta en anglès amb un sentit equivalent a "De més verdes en maduren" en català? Seria similar al castellà "cosas veredes"? Moltes gràcies!

2. innovator Senior Member

Català (Girona)
    stranger things have happened. This is a very common English idiom that I think suits. Do you have context?

3. izayoi Senior Member

Thank you, yes. Context is a piece of fic I'm writing in English and two of my characters comment on the possibility that, however unlikely it may seem, someone they believed to be a friend may have become a traitor, trying to blame an assassination attempt on an innocent party for their own dark purposes. Also, in the sense that one may go to bed with the most unlikely of partners, or fraternize with the devil if needed, in order to achieve their own ends. Does it clarify? I think your hint is perfect for the context I intended. Thank you very much for your help, Innovator!

4. merquiades

merquiades Senior Member

France
    USA Northeast
    Hola. Em sembla que la frase que proposa l'Innovator és encertada. Altres idees podrien ser:
    Anything can happen (and it usually does). La segona part no és necessària
    Even the mighty fall.
    Impossible is nothing.
    Every man has his price.

5. izayoi Senior Member

Moltes gràcies, merquíades, per les altres alternatives, em seran igualment útils! I should have thought of those...

6. ampurdan

ampurdan Modstachioed modnster

jiā tàiluó ní yà
    Català & español (Spain)
    També:

"It's not the end of the world".