1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

de una parte y de la otra

Discussion in 'Legal Terminology' started by Crannie, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Crannie New Member

English - Australia
    Hi,

I'm trying to translate this phrase for a legal contract:

"conforme consta en el certificado de Existencia y Representación legal expedido por la Cámara de Comercio y quien en adelante se denominara EL TITULAR de una parte y de la otra _________________, mayor de edad..."
    [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    That's the phrase and this is my take on it:

"
    [FONT=&quot]the certificate of Good Standing and Representation expedited through the Chamber of Commerce and who from here forth shall be called THE HOLDER from one party to the other _______________ of legal age...."

Thank you for your help :)!
    [/FONT]

2. Lamemoor Senior Member

Perú
    Peru - Spanish
    Mi sugerencia:
    ...................issued by the Chamber of Commerce hereinafter THE HOLDER of the one part; and __________________ of the other part.

Saludos,
    L.

3. David Senior Member

conforme consta en el certificado de Existencia y Representación legal expedido por la Cámara de Comercio y quien en adelante se denominara EL TITULAR de una parte y de la otra _________________, mayor de edad..."

You have cut off the beginning of the sentence, which makes it difficult to translate the rest of it:

...between the parties: X, [unknown context,] as confirmed by the certificate of Identity and Registered Agency issued by the Chamber of Commerce, hereinafter the [impossible to translate TITULAR without knowing the sense it in which it is used: I doubt verymuch it is "holder"; it might be the head of an office, an official, some other functionary], and Y...

"party of the first part" and "party of the second part," a possiblity, are rarely used these days, but might work. In any event, you have provide the whole sentence.

4. Crannie New Member

English - Australia
    Many thanks to both Lamemoor and David!

5. David Senior Member

Thanks for what? Without the whole sentence, it is unclear what is meant, and with respect to the suggestion "the certificate of Good Standing and Representation expedited through the Chamber of Commerce and who from here forth shall be called THE HOLDER from one party to the other _______________ of legal age...." "expedited" does not mean expedido, "who from here forth shall be called the HOLDER" makes very little sense in English, and "from one party to the other ____ of legal age" makes no sense at all. I suggest you provide the whole sentence so that somebody can help you translate it into English.