De voz activa a pasiva

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Grammar / Gramática Español-Inglés' started by nadi_soez, Sep 25, 2007.

1. nadi_soez Senior Member

chile
    SPANISH
    Hola
    Necesito ayuda con estas oraciones.
    Tengo que pasivizarlas:

Oracion 1
    Voz Activa: "Perhaps Tolstoy took it for granted that, in his day, those who did not know french were not even able to read Russian"

Yo escribi:

Voz Pasiva: "Perhaps it was taken by Tolstoy for granted that, in his day, those who did not know french were not even able to read Russian"

Oracion 2
    Voz Activa: "In the course of working with translators, you reread your original text, you discover its possible interpretations, and it sometimes happens-as I have said- that you want to rewrite it"

Yo escribi:
    "In the course of working with translators, the original text is reread, its possible interpretations are discovered and it sometimes happens-as I have said- that you want to rewrite it"

Oracion 3
    If i read a haiku after having read some Zen buddhist koans, I can perhaps understand why the simple mention of tehe moon high over the lake should give me emotions analogous to and yet different from those that an English romantic poet conveys to me"

Yo escribí:
    If a Haiku was read after having read some Zen Buddhish Koans, I can perhaps undrestand why the simple mention of the moon high over the lake shoud give me emotions analogous to and yet different from those that I am conveyed by an English romantic poet

2. Bilbo Baggins

Bilbo Baggins Senior Member

Manhattan, NY
    American English
    Me aparece rara la última oración por algún porqué. Que yo sepa, no se puede personalizar esta oración en la voz pasiva sin hacerlo sonar rara.

3. mrgshelton

mrgshelton Senior Member

Long Beach, California
    USA--English
    Hi again, nadi soez…

I hope this helps.

Once more, if the entire sentence’s being cast in the passive voice is the essence of the problem at hand, then here are my suggestions (btw—the passive voice might not always sound good, sometimes its phrasing is awkward or convoluted, but its rules can be applied consistently to yield absolute understanding):

Oracion 1
    Voz Activa: "Perhaps Tolstoy took it for granted that, in his day, those who did not know French were not even able to read Russian"

Voz Pasiva: "Perhaps it was taken for granted by Tolstoy that, in his day, even Russian was unreadable by those to whom French was not known."

Oracion 2
    VA: "In the course of working with translators, you reread your original text, you discover its possible interpretations, and it sometimes happens-as I have said- that you want to rewrite it"

VP: "In the course of one’s being worked with by translators, one’s original text is reread, its possible interpretations are discovered, and it sometimes has been known to happen—as it has been said by me—that its being rewritten is desired"

Oracion 3
    VP: If I read a haiku after having read some Zen buddhist Koans, I can perhaps understand why the simple mention of the moon high over the lake should give me emotions analogous to and yet different from those that an English romantic poet conveys to me"

VA: "If, after some Zen Buddhist Koans’ having been read, a haiku is read by me, it can perhaps be understood why emotions analogous to and yet different from those that are conveyed to me by an English romantic poet should be given to me by the simple mention of the moon high over the lake."