1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

debido a su distribución compuesta por espacios amplios y abiertos dan una gran sensación de amplitud y luminosidad a la casa.

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by Rampa, Sep 20, 2007.

1. Rampa New Member

Spain spanish
    Hola a todos!

Tengo problemas para traducir esta frase. El contexto es la descripción de una casa si os sirve de ayuda.

"debido a su distribución compuesta por espacios amplios y abiertos dan una gran sensación de amplitud y luminosidad a la casa."

"Due to its distribution in a spacious and open stays it gives a special brightning and spacious feeling to the house"

2. losplaff Senior Member

Asturias, Spain
    Spain, Spanish
    Due to its distribution in a spacious and open stays the house gives a special brightning and spacious feeling

3. Rampa New Member

Spain spanish
    Thank you very much Losplaff.

I think it´s perfect.

4. alacant

alacant Senior Member

Alicante, Spain
    England, english
    Hi Rampa,

It´s OK, but not by any means perfect.

Due to the distribution of wide open spaces the house has a feeling spaciousness and light.

(It wasn´t perfect in Spanish either)

Sorry

5. AnnS Junior Member

Barcelona, Spain
    Dutch - Flemish
    Due to the distribution of wide open spaces the house has a feeling spaciousness and light.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++

Though this threat is old and I am no native speaker in any of the languages, I would turn this sentence around, I feel it's too literal now:

The distribution of wide open spaces creates a feeling of spaciousness/openness and light.