Designating a piece of land to become a building site

Discussion in 'العربية (Arabic)' started by Pospana, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Pospana Junior Member

Serbian
    My question is as stated in the title, that is, does "تشكيل قطعة من الأرض" sound okay in Arabic?
    The text is about designating a certain piece of land to become a building sight (hope I'm being clear), that is, it is meant to become a
    قطعة من الأرض مخصصة للبناء

Maybe I'm being fooled by the source language in which I have, more or less precisely, "forming a building plot". I'm not sure what to do about it, so I'd like to know if the title phrase (which is also the title of the text I'm trying to translate) sounds all wrong.
    Many thanks in advance

2. AndyRoo Senior Member

London
    English
    Perhaps you could say:
    تجهيز قطعة ارض
    I don't think your version sounds quite right.

3. Pospana Junior Member

Serbian
    Thanks, AndyRoo, what about تخطيط or تحديد, perhaps it works better?

4. cherine

cherine Moderator

Alexandria, Egypt
    Arabic (Egypt).
    In Egypt, we say تخصيص قطعة أرض للبناء. or تخصيص قطعة أرض لبناء كذا (replace kadha with the intended building)

Please, always put the original expression in the title, not your suggested translation. If the original is not accurate, you can check for a good English translation first. Thanks.

5. إسكندراني

إسكندراني Senior Member

أرض الأنجل
    عربي (مصر)ـ | en (gb)
    تحضير to prepare (by removing obstacles etc.)
    تجهيز to prepare (by providing facilities, as in water and power links)
    تخطيط to plan
    تخصيص to allocate <استعمل هذه

6. Pospana Junior Member

Serbian
    Thanks everybody, you have been very helpful. And what if a new plot is being formed by merging several smaller pieces of land (دمج أراض), could تخطيط work then?

7. Lark-lover

Lark-lover Senior Member

Arabic
    If those smaller pieces of land were divided and combined into only a vast land by the municipal officials, it is مخطط بلدية .

8. إسكندراني

إسكندراني Senior Member

أرض الأنجل
    عربي (مصر)ـ | en (gb)
    It probably depends on the country. We don't, for example, use the word بلدية in Egypt.