1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

different profile of saccharides to enzyme converted syrup

Discussion in 'Specialized Terminology' started by LauritaCarbon, May 9, 2008.

1. LauritaCarbon Junior Member

United States, English
    Hi everyone,

Can you check from translation from English to Spanish? This is from a technical product test report:

Acid conversion will produce a different profile of saccharides to enzyme converted syrup which are more irregular (and can explain the fluctuation in DE and conductivity)

La conversion con acido producirá un distinto perfil de saccaridos que lo de licor convertido con enzimas y tienen mas irregularidad (y explicara la fluctuación en DE y conductividad)

Thanks! Gracias!

2. alberto magnani Senior Member

lima,perú
    Italia italiano
    La conversión con un ácido producirá un perfil diferente de los sacáridos del jarabe de maíz que son más irregulares (y que pueden explicar la fluctuación en la DE y en la conductividad)
    (DE = equivalente en Dextrosa)

3. LauritaCarbon Junior Member

United States, English
    Alberto,

Your translation seems good, but does it capture the whole idea? Maybe it will help if I explain the sentence more (since I don't think it is very well-written in English even):

Acid conversion will produce a different profile of saccharides to enzyme converted syrup which are more irregular (and can explain the fluctuation in DE and conductivity)

This means that syrups converted with acid will have a different profile of saccharides than syrups converted with enzymes and that the saccharides of acid converted syrup are more irregular.

Would you recommend any changes in light of this explanation?

Thanks,
    laurita

4. alberto magnani Senior Member

lima,perú
    Italia italiano
    Esto significa que los jarabes convertidos con ácidos tendrán un perfil de sacáridos diferente al de los jarabes convertidos con enzimas, y que los sacáridos del jarabe convertido con ácido son más irregulares.
    I hope it will help.