1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

Dio mio, Dio mio perchè mi hai abbandonato?

Discussion in 'Italian-English' started by Ylaria, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Ylaria New Member

Italian
    Buonasera a tutti! sto preparando una guida in inglese in una mostra di arte sacra e vorrei sapere se qualcuno può dirmi come è stata tradotta la frase del vangelo: "Dio mio, Dio mio perchè mi hai abbandonato"? grazie a tutti!

2. alexbarrow Junior Member

Non so se gia e stata tradotta in un altro modo ma ecco la mia prova (quasi parola per parola): "My god, my god, why have you abandoned me?"

Alex

3. Curandera Senior Member

Italian
    '...why have you foresaken me'?

4. alexbarrow Junior Member

Bravo! Ha un sentimento piu sacro.

5. Curandera Senior Member

Italian
    Hi Alexbarrow,

I wish! Anyway before anyone says anything... I'm brava!;)

6. alexbarrow Junior Member

Allora brava!

Magari anche tu hai un sentimento sacro ma stavo parlando della frase ;)

7. Curandera Senior Member

Italian
    ...Io parlavo di 'bravo'... I wish I were brava!

8. Ylaria New Member

Italian
    Credo che "forsake" sia proprio il vocabolo presente nel vangelo! thank u all!

9. You little ripper! Senior Member

Australia
    Australian English
  10. occhibelli Senior Member

New York
    English
    Since the Bible wasn't written in English, I would avoid saying that "forsake" is in the gospels. It has obviously been translated many times and in very different ways, depending on the time of the translation, the place, and the varying political or religious agendas of the translators or their patron. A wonderful book called "God's Secretaries" describes the "making" of the famous King James version. For a comparison of the various versions, go to the biblegateway website.

11. You little ripper! Senior Member

Australia
    Australian English
    Occhibelli, we all know that the Bible wasn't written in English, however most of the English translations use the word 'forsaken' there ('turned away from' and 'abandoned' are some of the others). :)

Last edited: Feb 25, 2010