1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

dirección de control de procesos

Discussion in 'Legal Terminology' started by Lynne, Sep 20, 2007.

1. Lynne Senior Member

New Zealand - English
    Hola foreros!

Tengo un largo frase que no entiendo claramente - es una descripcion del titulo de una persona.. Como escrito en un certificado mexicano:

"La que suscribe agente del ministro publico y responsable de la jefatura de area de archivos y antecedentes penales de la direccion de control de procesos de la procuraduria general de justicia del estado, CERTIFICA...."

I was thinking
    The undersigned representative of the Attorney General's Office, and person in charge of the Archive and Criminal Records headquarters (??) of the .. ??...of the State Attorney General of Justice, CERTIFIES..."

Can anyone help me with this please? Thanks so much!!

2. Lynne Senior Member

New Zealand - English
    I have figured it out by myself, I think... If anyone would like to correct me, I'd appreciate it - otherwise this is for anyone else who this might help in the future:

I have translated it as

The undersigned Representative of the Attorney General's Office, and person in charge of the leadership of the Archive and Criminal Records area of the management of the Office of the State Attorney General of Justice prosecutions, CERTIFIES....

3. JanetF Senior Member

Alicante, Spain
    England - English (British English)
    Hi, Lynne! Your translation looks fine to me, but the original seems heavily-worded and I bet bits of it could be cut without affecting the meaning or the translation.

What about The undersigned Representative of the Attorney General's Office, and manager of the Archive and Criminal Records Department of the Office of the State Attorney General of Justice, CERTIFIES....? I would have said the A&CR Office, but it makes too many offices together. It's just an idea, but it does give a slightly tighter translation.

One other thing for you to consider is that we would usually say ‘hereby certifies’, rather than certifies on its own.

4. Lynne Senior Member

New Zealand - English
    Wow, thank you - that's really helpful!
    So do you think it would be ok to omit the piece about "procesos" entirely?

Thanks very much, Janet!

5. JanetF Senior Member

Alicante, Spain
    England - English (British English)
    You're welcome! As to omitting the bit about procesos, yes, I think you could. The original is just soooo wordy and I honestly don't think that your English-speaking readership is going to lose anything by not having that part or gain anything by having it. It's your choice, though! ;)

6. Lynne Senior Member

New Zealand - English
    Yes, I think you're right, it sounds a lot more sensible this way, and it doesn't change the meaning at all, does it.. :p

Thank you very much!! I'm going to use your wording there..

-Lynne