1. The WordReference Forums have moved to new forum software. (Details)

ditto master

Discussion in 'English Only' started by Silverobama, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Silverobama

Silverobama Senior Member

Chongqing
    Chinese,Cantonese,Sichuan dialect
    Hello everyone, I met a term which I have no idea at all, what is a "ditto master"?

Here is the full sentence and address:

Give a ditto master ball. Then make an egg. After that hatch it and You have a master ball. Works most of the time. If you want it to work all the time,give the ditto and the other Pokemon each the master ball.

http://www.supercheats.com/gameboya...ered/97771/Does-anyone-know-how-to-multip.htm

Thanks

2. owlman5

owlman5 Senior Member

Colorado
    English-US
    Hello, Silver. Here's a quote from your source: "You multiply by giving a ditto a master ball then breed. You have a 70% chance of another masterball. For 95% or more chances, Give both the Pokemon (ditto and the other pokemon) a master ball each. Hatch the egg. ..."
    From this I gather that a "ditto" in this game is a character that can hold a "master ball" and then "breed". This is specialized jargon for this game: any search for meaning outside of the game is probably futile.

3. Silverobama

Silverobama Senior Member

Chongqing
    Chinese,Cantonese,Sichuan dialect
    Well, you know what, before asking this question, I suppose "ditto master" shall be like someone who always say "ditto" "ditto", no matter what you ask him.