doble titulación

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by Bou, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Bou New Member

Madrid
    Dutch - Belgium
    Hello,

Can anyone help me with the following translation into English? It's from a memo on student exchange programmes:

Dobles titulos oficiales limitados a las Diplomaturas
    Cualquier acuerdo de Doble titulación debe ser de Universidad a Universidad

For the first one I put: Official Double diplomas are limited to Bachelor degree

Could the second one be: Any double diploma agreement must be between universities?

Thank you!

2. carleta Senior Member

Spanish and Valencià
    I'm not sure but...why not "double titulation" for the second sentence?, in the first sentence I think that double diploma is ok...(anyway wait for more opinions, mine is not much reliable...:D

3. frida-nc

frida-nc Moduladora

North Carolina
    English USA
    In American English you might say "Joint degrees are limited to/awarded only at the bachelor level/undergraduate level."

"Any agreement for the awarding of joint degrees must be between the Universities."

4. loladamore Senior Member

Zacatecas, México
    English UK
    There is a difference in the UK between a joint or dual (honours) degree and a double degree. I wonder which one it is here? A joint/dual degree is a degree in two subjects, for example, French and Spanish, Politics and History. A double degree, on the other hand, is awarded conjointly by 2 universities, often one in the UK and the other in a different country.

As Bou mentions de Universidad a Universidad, I think it might be the latter. This link might help.

Saludos.